Swimmin' in the sand.. and other ways to beat the heat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fishkiller

Contributor
Reaction score
Mesa Arizona, The all beach no ocean state.
# of dives
100 - 199
I just wanted to post and let the other folks around the Board know that ScubaKristey and JackDav and Wife are good folks to dive with...

I met JackDav at a Circel K near his home, and yes the dive flag was very easy to spot. We then continued on to Lake Pleasant another 20 minutes away...on the way I called SCUBAKristey and while talking lost cell contact then drove past the proper turn off. After stopping and having my suspicion confirmed turned around and went into the proper lake entrance. Then we followed SCUBAKristey to a nice cove, then decided to go on the otherside, where there was more people but better parking.

We set up our gear and chatted some I buddied with Kristey and off we went, after two minutes we all surfaced, couldn't see each other. We then reconfirmed the dive plan the went down, after searching for a minute for Jack and Wife, I decided to just continue the dive with Kristey, on the way out we found a nice school of shad. On the way back found a slight thermocline at 30 feet but at a max depth of 31 feet didn't care. When Kristey and I surfaced 35 minutes later, very near the dive flag we noticed Jack and Wife just getting out of their gear.

We talked, drank water and decided to move to the point to avoid a long swim and look for some greater depth and perhaps better viz.. We also decided to use a buddy line between the two buddy teams to stay in contact.

The second dive was much better the two ladies held the line while the men wandered. As the depth increased the viz didn't change but there was a strange weird filiment type substance we were swimming through, I looked around the group and I have to say looked like a textbook divebuddy team. I noticed the depth 30 feet checked with Kristey OK swam back and checked with Jack OK and noticed his wife ( I forgot her name ;-0 ) she looked like she was very relaxed arms even folded. I swam down to her at 35 feet and noticed that she wasn't relaxed because it WAS cold. We then all finished the dive staying at 30 feet.

After the dive and getting ready to go home we signed the dive logs and talked about getting a NDI Chapter here. I will be getting in contact with TexasMike for some further information, Thanks LadyDiver.

The Surface water Temp 82F visibility only 10 feet thermocline temp WAY TOO COLD for a dive skinned diver

I would dive with them again anytime

Sounds like ya'll had a good day :thumb:

Thanks, Fishkiller for the Dive-a-log.

Had a wild day of diving myself; definitely a good way to stay cool. Fear of filiment dogged me on the first dive of the day, but the friendly loaning of some underwater shears gave me enough confidence to go into this overly-fished area.

I have gotten to meet one buddy from the board in real life; a very nice lady who seems to have some friends in common with me. Seems like so many of these Scubaboard matches are turning out nice!

Thanks for the compliment! When are we going to do it again???? Did you ever get your son back into the water for some more skin diving??? (FishKiller's son is growing gills!:) )

Maybe next time we can dive out by the marina, or get a boat as discussed. (Maybe avoid the kids on the jetski's too....yeah right.) All in all- I have to admit I REALLY missed that thermocline when I was doing yard work this afternoon. (And I SWEAR it didn't feel that cold last time I was there.) I ended up turning the water hose on myself to get "cooled" off- but ended up burning my legs witht he HOT water. :eek: (Yes folks....water comess out of the hose HOT here...also no such thing as a cold water tap from June-Sept. LOL...All luke warm water.)

And FishKiller- thanks for not mentioning my "newbie mistake!" I spotted a REALLY REALLY big mudbug (AKA crawfish for those of you not in the south.) and tried to point it out to him. (I had never seen one THIS big, even with my years of living in Louisiana) I discovered I needed to dump some air out of my BCD. OOPS! I HIT THE WRONG BUTTON! Thank GOD we were only in 12' of water. I almost ______ my pants! (You fill in the blank.) I can guarantee I won't do that again!

I will say that this new hobby is something I will NOT be giving up anytime soon. Seeing even the small school of shad was pretty neat. (CANNOT wait to get into the deep blue and see larger, prettier and better things.)

Happy Diving!

Kristey

PS..FishKiller also has the distinction of being the one to sign for my FIRST logged dive! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom