Swimsuit under Wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Once I forgot my jammers and decided to dive in my Calvin Klein briefs. The dive was at 2-Steps, a very popular place. I figured my dark blue CK were polyester and looked quite like jammers anyway, but a fellow next to me at the picnic table took notice, "So, you are wearing poor man's swimsuit today?"

Yep, pretty much this. But I look much sexier in them.

You are a sexy hunk of caverrific manliness.

...chamois...

For what? 4-6 hour scooter dives? I’ve spent a lot of years in cycling shorts but I just can’t imagine frogging or fluttering with a chamois up against my tweenda and I don’t see a need for it while on the trigger.

In winter I go commando since I am donning & doffing wetsuit in the house. Otherwise I just use normal swim shorts. By "normal" I mean what was normal 20 years ago. Not the big baggy things that go down to your knees these days. Hard to find a pair of "short" trunks. As for bunching, I just make sure nothing is uncomfortable.
Long thread from the past on this somewhere.

Normal as well. Just reach down and un-scrunch them. If the suit is so tight you can't fix yourself, you should reconsider the suit.

I surfed before I started diving. In CA it’s completely normal to see cars in parking lots and by the beaches roadside with men and women wrapped in towels donning and doffing wetsuits. I assure you, the majority of the men anyways are commando. Until I saw this discussion I didn’t think anyone wore undergarments for wetsuits but I can see why and don’t judge.
In the military, many infantrymen go commando out of comfort due to heat, friction and sweat. Ever heard of monkey butt? I digress....
My point is that you may find commando is quite comfy and free. Pun intended

Some of you guys mustn't have descended yet or ya got marballs!

Back
Top Bottom