Switched from TIFF to RAW and now.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SwimsWithSharks:
O.k. VERY good sign. Those are your RAW files. I think the problem is what jcclink said. You need a plug in for PS6 to read the files. You should be able to click on the files that you see now and move them to a file on your hard drive.

Do you need help on how to do this?

I moved it to another file and it tells me no preview is available. Where would I look for this plug in at? I have ellements here somewhere, If I load that can I read RAW?

Wildcard:
I moved it to another file and it tells me no preview is available. Where would I look for this plug in at? I have ellements here somewhere, If I load that can I read RAW?

Only if it is Elements 3. If not, you still need the plug in. You will probably have to go to the Adobe site. I will pop over there and see if I can find it.

Wow...my post number just went up quickly..:)

Helping the cyber challenged is always a good thing! LOL

Wildcard:
Helping the cyber challenged is always a good thing! LOL

Well, I went to the Adobe web site. I wasn't able to find a quick fix. You might go to this sitehttp://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=39&platform=Windows

Sorry, I couldn't be of more help. I know some of the plug-ins are no longer available unless someone has one they want to give/sell you. PS Elements 3 is fairly inexpensive if you end up having to go that direction. The best news is that you have the files...they didn't get lost or something.

SwimsWithSharks:
Well, I went to the Adobe web site. I wasn't able to find a quick fix. You might go to this sitehttp://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=39&platform=Windows

Sorry, I couldn't be of more help. I know some of the plug-ins are no longer available unless someone has one they want to give/sell you. PS Elements 3 is fairly inexpensive if you end up having to go that direction. The best news is that you have the files...they didn't get lost or something.

I've been looking since the last post. I haven't found the plug-in. Maybe someone can help where I have failed...:)

Thanks for all your help! Back to TIFF I guess. I have a pic of my first yellow fin tuna in there Id sure like to see.

Is this something i might find on Ebay?

Wildcard:
Is this something i might find on Ebay?

Possibly. How many photos do you have? Any possible way of narrowing which one might be the tuna? If so, you could e-mail me the file and I could look at it and save it as a tiff or a jpg until you get this figured out.

Last I heard the RAW plug-in is no longer available from Adobe. Like SWS said, either Elements 3 (which is pretty cheap if the rebates are still available) or since you have PS you can upgrade to CS for around $165 from Amazon. This would give you a lot of capability for tweeking future pics. CS loads in a separate folder, so you still would have full use of 6.0.

Back
Top Bottom