Switching from the Sony RX 100 to the GoPro Hero 7 black???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I shoot a RX100IV. Mostly photo, but some video. I also have the UWL-H100 with the added dome and have it in a Nauticam housing. I don’t have to unscrew the lens at all to remove bubbles. Is it every dive? I also do manual white balance for photos and video but do it in full manual mode. It’s not 8 steps. I hit the function button, white balance, custom, then take a shot of my slate and confirm. Not sure if there is an even faster way, but it works well enough. It isn’t the best camera for video considering the white balance limitations so my buddy has something else.

My buddy shoots 4K video and also happens to have 2 Big Blue 15,000 lumen lights. When he shoots something very far, he doesn’t use any lights. We also dive deep, but usually with better visibility as it’s in a warm water destination. He uses a Panasonic GH5 and does manual white balance but still fixes in post production using Da Vinci Resolve.

You can look into editing in post production. I think lights won’t help for really far away subjects. What about a filter?

It seems like you really want to go to a GoPro. While it may not be a better camera in our eyes, if it’s better for you and you’re happier with it because you don’t want to fuss and process video, then just go with it.

Why carry only one when you can carry both? On my last trip, I carried a Hero 6 and a Mk VA. Check out the video. It contains footage from both cameras. Note: The video was posted on YouTube the same day that I stepped off the LOB - i.e My personal copy of the video has additional colour corrections.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom