Swivel heads for comfort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KissmyBubbles

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi - I'm a new diver, and thinking about getting my own reg as I have jaw issues. I already got a moldable mouthpiece, which makes big difference!

The shop I was at down in FL was pushing the Atomic regulators with swivel head. It indeed sounds nice to prevent pulling, but I'm wondering what yall would suggest for a more mid-budget one, as I understand Atomic is on the high-end of dive gear. Maybe a swivel joint adapter + basic entry-level reg that is reliable?

I'm a warm water/recreational vacation diver. Looking to maximize comfort for cost, and will probably go for a back-inflate/BPW setup for customization down the road. For now, just looking at regs.

Also, I understand this may be challenging during COVID but what's the norm for trying gear before you buy? I feel like it's so hard to know how you like something until you dive in it, but not all shops have a pool they'll let you take equipment for a spin in, right? I'm based near DC so if anyone happens to know of a place that would offer this i would greatly appreciate it!

You can add a swivel to any regulator. I recommend a C-bite mouthpiece as I have jaw issues also and that lets me hold the regulator in my mouth without having to bite down.

Back
Top Bottom