Swivel Maintenance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RIHappyDiver

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just recently got my reg set back from the first service and am wondering what, if anything, I need to do for the swivel on my primary. It would seem that it would need some type of upkeep since it has moving parts, but a google search brought up nothing. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Erik

Rotate the swivel through it's entire range of motion as you swish the regulator around in the rinse bin.

What type of swivel? Omni Swivels, and XS Swivels need to be disassembled with orings that need to be replaced. A generic right angle swivel just has an o-ring.

I service my Omni-Swivels every 3 years.

I know there are also o-ring kits for Atomic swivels.
You should really be asking the service tech (LDS?) if the swivel was serviced or not. I know there are some swivels built into some Oceanic LP hoses for specific 2nd stages that do NOT get serviced. (or at least that was the case with the Aeris version of that configuration on the AT600/ION.)

Thanks for all the quick replies. It’s a Dive Rite angle swivel. I should have taken a look at it before posting, because it appears that the o-rings are all that I need to worry about as there is no movement in the joint itself.

Thanks again for all the help,
Erik

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom