Sync cable 50107 O-ring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gustele

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
After more than 2 years of intensive use both small O-rings at the end of the 50107 optical sync cable that connects my YS-110 strobe to my DX-1G are broken. I have searched the Internet for replacement sets but are unable to find any.
What are the exact dimensions of these O-rings and what are likely places to get these from?
Or is there another solution to keep the end of the optical sync cable connected to the camera and strobe. Currently I am using a metal wire to keep the strobe end connected to the strobe but that is no option for the camera end.
Any help would be appreciated.

HI-
Unfortunately, SEA&SEA Japan does not sell those o-rings separately. The o-rings for the fiber optic cable 50107 are S-004 size.

Thanks. The S-004 looks small to me with an inner diameter of only 5/64". I went looking today and was unable to get an S-004-size O-ring; the smallest I could get was an S-006. That looks more like the remainder of the broken ring. It has the same width as the S-004 (1/16") so it fits in the groove; the inner diameter is 1/8" which is 3/64" more than the S-004 and the outer diameter is 1/4" compared to 13/64" for the S-004. Even with this larger inner diameter it was not easy to get the O-ring over the top of the connector but I managed to do it without damaging the small O-ring. After lubricating the outside of the O-ring I was able to connect both ends to their respective counterparts on the strobe and housing. So my problem is solved.

Regards

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom