Tago pictures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Geoff is blessed with good viz... at least when he dives with me! I try to have him around as a good luck charm. :)

Tago is one of my favorites, it is one of the few dive locations in Izu that has hard coral. We use SeaLand, and one of our DM candidates does the Reef Check surveys there.

BTW, water temps dropping fast, now about 18 degrees on the East Coast.

Geoff, stop by HK sometime... we good do with some good viz... :wink:

Nice pics

I lived in HK for a couple of years... I don't think I can bring good viz to Sai Kung!

==- reviving an old thread -==

This past Saturday my friends and I took Geoff's advice and went to Tago for some diving...

We were not disappointed !!

pauls_mola_mola.jpg

2 minutes into the dive and a Sunfish (manbo) !! WOW !!!! we will so definitly being go back on a more regular basis. :D :D :D Thanks Geoff

Wow!!! How big? And how deep was it? Looks pretty blue - 20m?

Did it hang around for some cleaning from the reef fish?

Wow!!! How big? And how deep was it? Looks pretty blue - 20m?
Did it hang around for some cleaning from the reef fish?

We estimate that it was somewhere between 1.0 and 1.5 meters across. So not huge as far as mambos go.
It was right at the beginning of the dive, I would say we were at maybe 18m or so. The reef (okine) was on our right and off to the left was the sunfish. Sadly it did not hang around and quickly swam out so only managed to snap a few pictures and didn't get too close. Funny part is that everyone in my group saw it except for our guide who was busy poking about the reef trying to find stuff for us to see !

Still, it was a super highlight to see one. Hopefully if we see another it won't run away so soon and we can observe it a bit more..

Nice manbo shot! I think they hang around in the same area for a while so may be a good idea going back there.

The credit for the Photo has to go to Paul... I had my camera stowed as I was keeping watch on a first time dry suit diver. But at least we had some proof!!! Hmmm if it wasn't for that pesky thing called work I'd be back tomorrow... Damn jobs!

Pure luck... I'd only put the camera on my wrist a few seconds before. Was moving away from the reef a little to get a shot of everyone when I looked to my left and there it was... in some ways I'm glad it wasn't an adult... I think I would have needed more than a p-valve in my drysuit if I suddenly realised was a few meters away from a fully grown 10 meter Manbo.

Hi Paul!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom