Taiwan diver dies during solo night dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hsinhai

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Not been diving for over 1yr, inexperienced, solo and night dive. Ultimately appears diver ran out of air.

Search called off at 1am, body was found floating ~200m from shore following morning by fishing boat.

Man Dies During Solo Night Dive on North Coast

According to media reports, Ms Wu had been concerned about the danger of diving, but her husband had been insistent. After not diving for more than a year, and having invested in the scuba diving equipment, Mr Wu considered it a waste of money not to put it to use.

Tragic...

With these reports, I simply cannot believe the diver ran out of air.

He might have had a free flow, or leak, that led to an emergency situation from which he could not recover. But I cannot believe that they just run down the air clock like Sonic the hedgehog in an underwater level and then drown.

I can also imagine the regulator simply freeflowing, after the unconcious or heart attack-stricken diver hits the ground.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom