taiwan diving in februari AND during Chinese newyear: a great idea or a disaster?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marijev

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hiya all you divers and dive shops operators in lovely Taiwan,

For my work I have to be in Taipei in the start of februari. Actually just around the start of Chinese newyear. Now, would it be totally crazy to plan a dive trip?

1) is everything closed or do dive operators keep on working? I'd need a place to stay and food as well. In mainland China where I live, everything is just closed for Chinese new year and I remember Taiwan closes down as well...
2) is feb too cold/rainy or otherwise not ok to dive?
3) which areas are good for diving in winter?

Got 100 plus dives, comfortable in currents, if there is thick suit rental I can deal with a bit of cold.

Or is it a better idea to do Taiwan another time and just fly straight out to SE Asia on the eve of Chinese newyear....

Thank you all for your info!!!
Marije

I'm pretty sure you can get some dives either in Kenting or Green Island.. that said I think you'd be better off heading either Philippines, Thailand or another SE asian destination

Thanks, I was already kind of reconsidering that, now looking for some cheap flights out. if I am in Taiwan in the summer I'll give it a try.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom