Taiwan New Forum - and Diving with Hammerhead Sharks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wantonmien

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Thanks to Scubaboard for giving Taiwan it's own forum place - much appreciated by self and I know other divers in Taiwan.
------------

As a first 'thread' in the Taiwan only new forum - here is an uneditted view taken without any zoom from a dive this morning, on a trip organised by Andy Gray in search of Scallopped Hammerheads -and we weren't disappointed. Breathtaking is an understatement, surrounded by these fantastic creatures, within a few metres cicling around, totally awesome.

When back on the mainland, I'll select a few more of the many shots, and unless any of the other 16 on the trip beats me to it, I'll type a dive report, though how to explain this diving experience hard to put into words !

Cheers

IMG_45562.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to Scubaboard for giving Taiwan it's own forum place

Agreed.

Here's a clip from my first attempt ever at underwater videography. Like Wantonmien's photo, this video is from the dive site Gun Shui Bi at Green Island, Taiwan on February 5. It's not exactly high-quality but it gives you a sense of what it's like to be circled by a group of 15 or more hammerheads:

YouTube - hammerheads2

First, I too would like to say thank you to ScubaBoard for providing us with a Taiwan specific area to post. Second, words cannot describe the Green Island Hammerhead trip that we took over Chinese New Year. Great pic Peter and I look forward to the chance of diving with you again in the future.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom