Taka Dive in Liveaboard Australia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jason Ooi

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hi Fellow,

I planning dive trip to Australia coming next year 3 January 2009, I plan 5 days 4 knight full day diving package, so anyone know about Taka Dive Live aboard before I make any further decision.
http://www.takadive.com.au/package.htm

what do you want to know? I was on about 6 mo ago, never got around to posting the trip report.

I want to know more about the Taka Leave aboard, so please give more information.

thanks

We did the 5 day dive trip with Taka 3 years ago. It was a very nice trip. They had great dive briefs and then just dropped us in. The crew was not what I would call overly friendly, but were very accommodating. The food was plentiful and quite tasty. They have a shark dive on each trip. (Make sure you sit at the bottom of the rock. I didn't and saw nothing but bubbles). We went in June and were graced with the presence of several minke whales. I saw hammerheads for the first time. The crossing over to the Coral Sea was very rocky! I kept getting thrown out of my bunk. All in all, it was a good dive trip. -Pam

Thanks you for your information Pam. appreciated that many thanks

Just got back from that trip a few weeks ago! We had a ball. Seas are always a bugger and the leg out to Osprey can sometimes be rough.

That said, we were in a twin/ensuite cabin. It was mid deck with shower tv and dvd player. The crew we had were great and the Osprey Reef leg was AWSOME.

Food was good quality and varied, altrhough they could afford to put more on imo.

My only peev was that they set a time limit to all dives of 50 minutes day and 40 minutes night. There were a couple of shallow sights like Clam Gargens where I was getting back on the boat with over 100 bar in my tank.

All in all we had a great trip with them and I've got no probs recommending them

I have just booked TAKA 5d4n trip on Nov 28. Hope the weather is fine during the whole cruise.

The boat was fairly new, so nice and seemed well maintained. The public areas were not all that comfortable. The diving was very well run. There were a lot of new and inexperienced divers, but the mix was handled well and more experienced divers were not limited by it. The crew was mostly nice enough but did not do any more or interact any more than they had to, it's not a boat with much in the way of service. I didn't think the food was very good and they sometimes needed more, but it was that cooks last week so who knows now. (I always travel with some munchies - this was the first liveaboard I actually ate them.) It was ok overall, but I prefer a boat with fewer people and more amenities and service.

Hi Jason,
Look I noticed that you were asking about Taka & the Coral Sea. I run a web based booking agency that deals with diving from Cairns & thought you might like an opinion based on my knowledge & experience of the various companies that go to the Ribbon Reefs & Coral Sea.
If you are looking at diving the Coral Sea there are a few different companies that go out there and cater to different needs. If you are after an open dive deck then Mike Ball would possibly suit you better. Alternatively there is also Undersea Explorer & Spirit of Freedom.
Depending on when you are looking at going the weather can be good or quite rough. If the weather is extremely good you may also get to some other sites. For example Spirit Of Freedom goes to Bouganville Reef when it is possible. If it is extremely rough they may not be able to make the crossing to the Coral Sea & you will spend more time on the Ribbon Reefs instead. Whichever trip you choose to suit it is brilliant diving - we saw hammerhead sharks, manta rays as well as a big oceanic silvertip.
If you would like to get information on any of these trips you can always have a look at divingcairns.com.au & I am happy to help with any queries that you may have.
Cheers Arwen

i am going to great barrier reef next april.i wanna is there any way to make a last minute?

Back
Top Bottom