Taking Getting Old Too Seriously

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Guess no one here will be running for public office.

You know how the press likes to harp on the long lost past!!!!

Lmao!

I may have taken acid, but it was the 60's, so I don't remember

Orange Barrels, Purple Haze, MicroDot. Wow, I am having flashbacks. But oh it is so true, because today I am so much like my Dad. :D

Oh, when I was 14 I was an Acolyte in the Episcopal Church. Would go in Sunday mornings at 7 to serve communion with the priest. (I held the Chalice and Wine) Went one Sunday after dropping the night before, at least I wasn't peaking, but that was the most entrancing service with the pipe organ playing....

Guess no one here will be running for public office.

You know how the press likes to harp on the long lost past!!!!

Yeah, I'd have been President already were it not for my recreational activities in the 70's.

My Power Scooters are a 1000cc Kawasaki and a 400hp Dodge Cummins Turbo Diesel.

No bypass or blue pills though.

DC

Scooter is a Harley Super Glide with SE kit. Golf Cart has a 650 cc twin in it (60 mph), Just sold my 427 power Chevy II that I had for 16 years.

No by pass or blue pills either.

Remember "It is never too late to have an enjoyable childhood"

Scooter is a Dive X-tras standard Sierra . . .

I was very fond of mind-altering substances in my (sadly distant) youth. Nitrogen works fine for me now!

. .

I was very fond of mind-altering substances in my (sadly distant) youth.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: I'll be dipped in s#*t...I would never have guessed. :D Damn, Lynne..... :D I thought, straight As, home early...Bee Gees....:D

Ah! I seem to have found the group on this huge forum where I belong, irascible old curmudgeon that I am.

I tell myself that the O2 at pressure has to be therapeutic for all these remnant injuries from a misspent youth. At least getting narked doesn't (yet) have the bad press that recreational substances do...ditto on the comments above about the green tea.

Does anyone here think twice about traveling to some of the more remote dive spots (ie two or more days hard travel to the nearest decent medical facilities)? Seems when things go sour with the physical plant nowadays, they don't do so well recovering on their own...

At least this sport doesn't tend to have the hordes of obstreparous little rugrats running around, like so many other enjoyable things to do (if I never run across another little preteen snowboarder turdhead as long as I live it will suit me just fine)

Wow: the snow boarders in our part of the world are fun to ride with. I even took it up a few years back because it looked like they were having too much fun. So about 70% of the time on skis, 30% on the board.

And no, still hitting out of the way places. Looks like Spring of 2009 is Djbouti for whale shark photography. Don't even want to know what the medical system is like in a country with a 60% unemployment rate.

Cheers,

Dan

I liked acid so much I stopped taking it. I figured anything I liked that much was something to avoid. Now I get the same experience diving the tropics.

Back in the 1960's I delivered several sermons in my community church. Now the local minister looks for cracks in the ceiling when I step inside. Good thing he is a diver, too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom