tale of woe and joy INTOVA style.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Frosty

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
On a recent dive holiday I had the darndest bad luck.
I'd purchased a brand new IC12 before leaving NZ. On its second outing the lanyard it was hooked on broke and it shot 18m up to the surface in horrible seas. Yep the camera is now somewhere in the pacific.
So off to the local dive shop and -YES another new IC12 was purchased.--JOY to the world.
10 minutes into the first dive with it and ARGG camera shuts down and a tiny bit of water in the case.
Back to the dive shop and he was happy to supply me camera number 3
Now old I am but stupid I'm not. So case was very carefully tested first just in water then at depth. All good.
Camera in and joy returns--for 5 minutes then again I have water in camera and camera is dead.

Thats the woe part of the story. NOW the joy.
I e mailed Intova in the US as well as the NZ agent describing what happened with camera 2 and 3 . WITHIN 1 HOUR. I had a reply APOLOGISING and explaining that there was indeed an issue with the very first batch of IC12 cases but it was fixed in batches after that.
They also offered me a replacement camera/case from the NZ agent even though the camera came from Rarotonga.
Within 24 working hours I had a brand new IC14 in my clammy mits.
Now folks I really have to take my hat off to that kind of customer service which really has gone above and beyond expectations.
GOOD ONYA INTOVA top service

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom