Tandem Kayak Info???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Greg.. awesome painting by the way. Beautiful stuff!!!!

ArtistDiver,

If you want an awesome tandem dive yak - get a Zest Two by Ocean Kayak --
Zest Two EXP™ - Fast Versatile High-Performance Kayak - Ocean Kayak

This thing is made for diving - even has molded-in tank holders for 63's.
I've taken out some heavy folks on mine -- full gear for 2 people and 2 80's each.
You can get snap-on covers for the storage areas for anchor/dry bag.....

Here's a link to my personal yak I had on Maui (I really miss her). I had homemade outriggers for stability - never a problem!

Dive Kayak

I would second the things said here about using a tandem for solo paddling. If you're going by yourself get a yak that'll carry all your stuff. Then tell your buddy to get his own :D

M

howard4113, thanks for the info on the zest two. I've been looking at that one, but wasn't sure how it really held up for tandem diving. I'm glad to hear from someone with first hand experience on it. I'm torn because I would like a kayak I can use by myself if I want to, but it would also be nice to be able to bring a dive buddy with me. OH well, I'll get it figured out eventually. Thanks again!

Of course you could just pick friends that have a kayak..:D

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom