Tank Banger

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

for example, with my customers, I'll use a different audible signal to, say...."look, here's a nice nudibranch" from "watch out for that submarine" or "you're on your way to the bottom 80m/270' away, ascend a little!" With a competent buddy or customers, they often need only a hand signal or a little underwater verbal signal to get their attention. If it's a more serious situation, or a "time dependent" event...such as a school of eagle rays cruising by while some of the dives are staring at clownfish or whatever...I keep a big metal washer, attached by a line, in my pocket...pull that out & tap on the tank. The more I dive, the less likely I am to use something to make noise underwater....I'm in less of a hurry & if it takes a while for a diver to notice, that's ok...unless it's an emergency, of course.

It's frustrating when some guides use a hammerhead (air horn) or whatever every time they see a fish, or a diver gets a bit farther away than they'd like, etc. There is actually a guide here and I "know" when he's in the water, even if I can't see him....because he uses devices such as this soooooo often.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom