Wanted Tank Boot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RavenChief

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Looking for Round bottom (steel tank) boots. Scuba Diving Tank Boot 8.00 in - 204 mm Heavy Plastic Black USA . I have some new Faber 133s with the soft vinyl boots. The Faber boots work ok but tend to trap water. I have been swapping them out for the old style hard plastic boots but I have run out. Anyone have some old boots that they might want to sell?
s-l64.jpg
s-l64.jpg
s-l64.jpg

NESS (NW of Philly) is showing some for $16: 8'' Steel Octagon Tank Boot

Call John and confirm stock on hand before going in-person as the web inventory is not always up to date on a particular item. He will also ship them to you.

Thanks JD, but I am actually just looking for the "round boots" The Octagonal boots are much shorter and have a tendency to pop off my tanks. Also for some reason the internal design of the octagonal boots lets the rounded bottom of the tank protrude so the tanks don't stand up straight. I will try to upload a picture of what I am looking for....
s-l64.jpg
s-l64.jpg
s-l64.jpg
I have found these boots on older 8" LP steel tanks..

Thanks Z. But the boots that I am trying to find are round not Hex rimed. Also about six inches tall rather than 4". And the internal baffling gives better support for heavy steel tanks. See pictures...
These boots seem to be found on older 8" steel tanks.

Thanks Z. But the boots that I am trying to find are round not Hex rimed. Also about six inches tall rather than 4". And the internal baffling gives better support for heavy steel tanks. See pictures...
These boots seem to be found on older 8" steel tanks.

How about this one:
Edge PVC Steel Tank Boot 8in Diameter

-Z

The 7.25" octagon style boots seem to hold nicely on my HP100/120 PSTs -shrug- maybe it is the slipperier paint on the modern Fabers vs my HDGs or maybe the boots I have are just tighter.

FWIW I have a twinset of Faber LP50s. I drilled out lots of holes in the bottom of those vinyl boots to promote drainage. Maybe a stopgap for you.

Thanks JD - I will keep looking. I did get lucky and found one on ebay about a month ago. I bought it but still looking for a few more. Also I did drill several extra large holes in the bottom to promote drainage but there is still some water that gets trapped.

Overall, I think that Faber really should improve the design of their boots. I believe that Faber hot dipped galvanized tanks are some of the best tanks ever produced. Why put a low quality boot on such a great tank?

That picture looks right. It should be about 6 inches = 15.24 cm tall correct? It also should be hard plastic boot, not the vinyl boot that Faber is currently shipping with new tanks? If it is, I would like to buy it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom