tank duration time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tassie_Rohan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Quick question - ignoring scrubber duration how many hours of diving do 3 litre tanks of diluent and oxygen provide on a CCR? If it matters lets say a mCCR such as the rEvo?

I’ve been lurking over on Rebreather World for a while, and am considering the logistics of operating a rb in some rather remote locations…

Cheers,
Rohan.

Tassie_Rohan:
Quick question - ignoring scrubber duration how many hours of diving do 3 litre tanks of diluent and oxygen provide on a CCR? If it matters lets say a mCCR such as the rEvo?

I’ve been lurking over on Rebreather World for a while, and am considering the logistics of operating a rb in some rather remote locations…

Cheers,
Rohan.

I get roughly - very roughly 2-4 hours (oxygen) and that is quite dependent on having to bailout, inject more oxygen during deco. etc. As a rough standard I can get a weekend's worth of diving, or 4 longish dives (45- 60+minutes). These are numbers on the KISS rebreather - MCCR. Additionally, I carry bailout with a direct hook-up to my manifold for the dil side. Too easy to drain the dil. at depth using the KISS BOV.

X

Cheers for that X -

One last question: what fill pressure do your rebreather tanks have?

Cheers,
Rohan.

As long as I am not going up and down too much.
2.7lt fabers
207 Bar in the O2
250 Bar in the Dil

Gets me around 4 one hour 40m ish dives with a good safety margin of gas.

Cheers
Chriso

Cheers for that Chriso.

And now for a curved ball: anyone know what pressure your average medical oxygen (or welding grade oxygen ) cylinder has: I assume I would need a booster to fill the RB oxygen tank from one?

Cheers,
Rohan.

Tassie_Rohan:
Cheers for that Chriso.

And now for a curved ball: anyone know what pressure your average medical oxygen (or welding grade oxygen ) cylinder has: I assume I would need a booster to fill the RB oxygen tank from one?

Cheers,
Rohan.

You will need a booster. We've used several small boosters - check out Golem gear, or archives on RB world. The typical full fill is roughly 2000 psi - 140/150 bar if that. I typically take 3 - 3 liter bottles with me on any expedition where I cannot get my own personal oxygen for 2-3 days.

X

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom