Tank Inspection Kits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SentinelAce

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm looking for kit now that I can do my own Visuals. Any you guys recommend?

Cylinder Training Services

Thing is, look at the kit, and see what generic items you can source elsewhere, and the cost of them. Compare that with buying the specialty items + your purchases elsewhere versus a package, and see where it gets you...

I'm looking for kit now that I can do my own Visuals. Any you guys recommend?

SA...

As has already been stated...Cylinder Training Services...along with numerous others...

As important as the tools...make sure you're certified...with the certification training...you will be assigned a certification/inspector number...which is required to validate your work...

No ticky...no washy...

Best...

Warren

SA...

As has already been stated...Cylinder Training Services...along with numerous others...

As important as the tools...make sure you're certified...with the certification training...you will be assigned a certification/inspector number...which is required to validate your work...

No ticky...no washy...

Best...

Warren

I'm certified through SDI. Was just trying to get a kit

Thank you! I’m taking my VIP class in a few weeks and was wondering the same thing.

@Marie13 - take the class first... see what/how the instructor implements the items to do the tasks of a proper inspection. From there, evaluate what/how to accomplish the same. There are various ways to perform the tasks, utilizing different items. Some may work for you, and some may not. Spend your money with experience....

YMMV

@Marie13 - take the class first... see what/how the instructor implements the items to do the tasks of a proper inspection. From there, evaluate what/how to accomplish the same. There are various ways to perform the tasks, utilizing different items. Some may work for you, and some may not. Spend your money with experience....

YMMV

Not buying now. Just bookmarked the website for later.

See what your instructor recommends before you buy anything.

My instructor had a local source for mirrors and some basic tools

Don't buy a special light. My instructor used a minimag light on a nylon line. It's plenty bright with the reflector part off.

I got the long pick, pit gauge and stickers from CTS

Back
Top Bottom