Tank paint chip repair - damaged new twinset :(

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wouldn't just a tiny dab of it help to keep it sealed to stop rust or anything like that in the future? If i did it well i don't think a tester would notice i was hoping to make it look like new again

A used twinset has had the paint knocked off where it sits standing up and where it lies backplate side up. The first time you get a fill and they drag it across the concrete you will give up on keeping it pristine. I have some 3s which came with paint so soft it would come off if you looked at them the wrong way, they are about a third zinc colour now.

It's not so much that i want to keep them pristine, just that it seems like a small bit has had the paint completed chipped off i don't want the rust to get in there and cause a failure in years to come that could have been preventable

Certainly can’t hurt to touch up the chips w some nail polish. I wouldn’t get to stressed about it though.. take a look at any cave or wreck divers tanks. You would go insane trying to keep up with chips and dings.
It's not so much that i want to keep them pristine, just that it seems like a small bit has had the paint completed chipped off i don't want the rust to get in there and cause a failure in years to come that could have been preventable

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom