Tank Size

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stoiclown

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I have noticed that Many people who dive doubles tend to lean towards the Double 120's is there any particular eason fo this, or is it just me?

Right now I have a PST E8 130, that I was considering, using as a double, wanted to get some input. I am 6' 4" tall, so I tend to lean towards the larger tanks.

130s make great doubles.

I tried 119's when I doubled up, and I was doing head stands, and couldn't trim out. So I switched to LP 95's and they trimmed out the best for me. I'm 6' 2" If I could make a suggestion, rent some doubles 95's ~ 119's ~ 130's or whatever tickles your fancy, and see what works best for you.

Don't make the same mistake I made, and buy tanks that didn't work for me. But hey it's your money and 130's may work fine for you.

Lil' Irish Temper:
I tried 119's when I doubled up, and I was doing head stands, and couldn't trim out. So I switched to LP 95's and they trimmed out the best for me. I'm 6' 2" If I could make a suggestion, rent some doubles 95's ~ 119's ~ 130's or whatever tickles your fancy, and see what works best for you.

Don't make the same mistake I made, and buy tanks that didn't work for me. But hey it's your money and 130's may work fine for you.
Wow, that's interesting. The 119 is a high-pressure version of the 95 so they should be fundamentally very similar

teknitroxdiver:
Wow, that's interesting. The 119 is a high-pressure version of the 95 so they should be fundamentally very similar

Faber 95's

But I'm not sure what the differences are.

I'm 6'2", use 130's and have no troubles trimming out....

They are a heavy set, but gas is never a worry, even over a couple dives....

YMMV

SS

Lil' Irish Temper:

I was doing headstands the first time I tried my PST 130's. I switched to an aluminum plate and my trim is perfect!! I used a freinds 119's for a dive, and no difference!!

But with my PST 100's my 5lb SS plate works best.

Also think to what your buddies are diving.

When I go out its easy - everyone is in 130's or 104's - gas matching takes all of 5 seconds.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom