tank valve question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In the description it says the valve is good up to 3500# service pressure. Just put in the appropriate burst disk, or not as @runsongas suggests.

Bob
Where do you see 3500? Their description clearly states 3000 “This version of the the Thermo Standalone Valve has a 5000 psi service burst disk suitable for use with cylinders up to 3000 psi service pressure.”

Where do you see 3500? Their description clearly states 3000 “This version of the the Thermo Standalone Valve has a 5000 psi service burst disk suitable for use with cylinders up to 3000 psi service pressure.”
In the description it refers to other names it's been listed as, including 232 bar din/k.
Further, Themo's parts manual shows the 5651 Pro valve as being good up to 3442 psi with the only change being the burst disc.
Respectfully
James

In the description it refers to other names it's been listed as, including 232 bar din/k.
Further, Themo's parts manual shows the 5651 Pro valve as being good up to 3442 psi with the only change being the burst disc.
Respectfully
James

So it’s the same as this model then?
Thermo Pro DIN/K Standalone Valve (Typical Side) | Dive Gear Express®

The 3000 psi sticker on the valve is not correct? I’m genuinely asking because I want to pick up some HP used tanks. So it would be nice to be able to replace the valves with fresh ones when I’m having them inspected and filled. If I can use the $25 model that saves me money so no complaints. I was confused by the the description saying good for 3k service which wouldn’t work on a hp tank of 3442 working pressure. Unless I’m misunderstanding which is completely possible since I’m new to buying tanks, valves etc.

So it’s the same as this model then?
Thermo Pro DIN/K Standalone Valve (Typical Side) | Dive Gear Express®

The 3000 psi sticker on the valve is not correct? I’m genuinely asking because I want to pick up some HP used tanks. So it would be nice to be able to replace the valves with fresh ones when I’m having them inspected and filled. If I can use the $25 model that saves me money so no complaints. I was confused by the the description saying good for 3k service which wouldn’t work on a hp tank of 3442 working pressure. Unless I’m misunderstanding which is completely possible since I’m new to buying tanks, valves etc.
As I understand it, it's not so much that the sticker is wrong, as that it's correct for the currently installed burst disc

I was quoting that for the first valve linked. If you read the description on the thrmo it goes on to say in the description it is the same as any other 232 bar k valve, which means to me I could use it on my MP 120, if I change the burst disc.

However, they have a 5000# burst disk so I doubt if they will have a problem with 3442#. Any modern valve, and a lot of older valves are made for much higher pressures than the burst discs that are in them. The service pressure on a yoke valve is to let you know what the burst disc is in it, so you don't get supprised. You notice that service pressure is a sticker, this is so the appropriate service pressure for the burst disc can be stuck on. In the old days, you checked the stamp on the burst disc plug.

Bob

Ok I get it all now. So to be safe that shops will fill my tank I should just swap out the burst disk to the higher rated model.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom