Tanks for Doubles.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yea i recently got two sets. someone is selling a set for 500 right now actually but i think he's in florida

Back to the OP:

I dive in the North East (last weekend: double 100s and drysuit in 36F) and got a set of HP100s that I split up first, using plugs for the modular valves. With the single tanks I got used to the new drysuit and then doubled them up again. Unless you are a "Wunderkind" a new drysuit and new doubles all at once is a bit much to master. If the volume is sufficient for your dives, you cannot go wrong with HP100s.

Aluminum 80 doubles are sweet for wet diving, especially in fresh water. They really make you understand and appreciate the concept of a 'DIR balanced rig'. But, by the time you add the lead to sink them in salt water in a drysuit with heavier undergarments you will most likely lug around more weight on the dry than with HP100s that hold 50% more gas. (Caveat: HP100s are about 24lbs negative when full. If you need to add weight, make sure it is ditchable and never dive these puppies and their biggers siblings wet unless you can walk out of your dive site in case of wing failure).

PM me if you need the plugs to split doubles.

It always depending on what your doing where your diving. You said pacific with a dry suit. Would you do deep diving ? I mean deep is more then 130 feets. For my self i would say just take a double tanks with alluminium 80 cf thats it. Think about the lift of your wing also, if you do trimixx you will need to dive with stages and it would be better 100 lbs lift. for mores info just buzz me.

Philippe Duval

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom