Taptalk is broken

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

New site conversion has broken taptalk integration. This kind of frustrating as that was the main way I would get updates on the mobile.
Also seeing lots of errors such as
"There has been some problem publishing your share recently. Click here to try again or dismiss."

The problem with your social share is that you have it set to push your content to either facebook or twitter.

New site conversion has broken taptalk integration. This kind of frustrating as that was the main way I would get updates on the mobile.
Also seeing lots of errors such as
"There has been some problem publishing your share recently. Click here to try again or dismiss."

As above, unfortunately advertising revenue is king. Tapatalk means they can't use their own ad engine to spam you with banners.
Unfortunately, integration, convenience and standards lose out to revenue.

As above, unfortunately advertising revenue is king. Tapatalk means they can't use their own ad engine to spam you with banners.

Web hosting doesn't grow on trees. We also can't just do the $5 wordpress hosting from hostgator. This site is and always had been advertiser supported, which keeps it FREE for members.

Thanks.

Ah well thanks. But with no mobile friendly client, guess I'm out.

Really? What a shame that you would leave because of that... the site works fine on my smartphone.

Never saw the need to replicate web content - if well designed for mobile use - on a separate app.

It's a pretty great community, not sure why you think that it shouldn't cost anything. And modern mobile friendly websites actually do adhere to web standards (not guaranteed with third party apps like TapTalk). The site seems just as convenient now as with that app.

If I signed up for a class with you, and you charged me for it, I wouldn't object to that.

Thanks for the positive vibes, guys! We have a hybrid style of advertising here on ScubaBoard. Most of it is not tied to impressions. We've always had issues with Tapatalk, and Google weights us differently for mobile devices depending on if we are responsive. The big reasons for us to move away from third party apps was actually Google and support. Traffic is indeed up and a lot of that is from mobile devices. I'll never be a millionaire off of ScubaBoard, but it does consume my time and costs a good bit to keep running from month to month. I have to make business decisions and I evaluate them as we progress. This was a good decision for ScubaBoard. Give the new site a few days and it will probably grow on you like it did me.

Back
Top Bottom