Tarpoon 130 tandem?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubabudie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking at traveling and would like to dive from a kayak. I currently dive from an oceanic trident 15'. Has anyone dove from the tarpoon 130 tandem. And what were your thoughts?

I have been looking at getting a OK Caper because my OK Scupper Pro is simply to big to fit atop my Wrangler TJ Rubicon. I assume you have a similar issue thus wanting a smaller yak?

N

No, my issue is I am traveling and the Tarpoon 130 was the kayak available for renting. I currently dive off a ok trident 15. I was not sure if anyone has used the tarpoon. I did also find a malibu 2. I do own one of these. I have not dived off it but it is more than able to be used. I think this is the one I am going with.

I have used a Malibu 2 for diving for many years and it has worked great for me. It was not made for diving but it can handle the weight which I have found to be more important as it makes the kayak easier to paddle and it tracks better. It is also wider then most so getting back on is easier but the trade off would be it is a little harder to paddle. For the most part I am diving within 5 miles of where I put in and have not found the extra effort to paddle it to be an issue. This should hold true for any tandem that also has a middle seat position so it can be paddled by one person.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom