Tattoos, cyber-stalkers, and random chat: tales from a derailed feedback thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

(And here I am breaking the rules by posting in a thread I've moderated. :fail: )

That's not against the rules. You're asked not to moderate a thread you've already participated in, but you can participate after you've moderated. Of course once you participate, you can't moderate it further. Confused yet? :)

From the Modiquette:
Don’t participate in a thread where you are moderating and vice versa!
:headscratch:

Anyway, my guess is that this thread isn't going to need any more work now that CD has cleaned up my mess.

That's not against the rules. You're asked not to moderate a thread you've already participated in, but you can participate after you've moderated. Of course once you participate, you can't moderate it further. Confused yet? :)
When contemplating whether to put on your mod hat or not, a little common sense applies. For example, a typo correction, duplicate post deletion or complying with some simple request from a user are all "moderating," but they don't disqualify you from participating.
When in doubt, either make a report or have someone else do the moderating, but when it's clear that the action is purely administrative and non-controversial, it ain't really moderation in the sense of the rule, and efficiency dictates just taking care of the problem on the spot without going through some big bureaucratic hassle...
For example, moving this thread out of the women's forum to the non-diving forum is a purely administrative fix and clearly not "moderation" for the purposes of the rule.
A move from Basic Scuba to Whine & Cheese, however, usually crosses the line and should be done through the "report" process by a non-participating mod.
:)
Rick

Reactions: Jax
For example, moving this thread out of the women's forum to the non-diving forum is a purely administrative fix and clearly not "moderation" for the purposes of the rule.

Darn and here I saw that as our way of getting rid of CD :D

And Quero, I am sure you guys (staffers and Mods etc.) will have more to get used to and adjust to with the ne vBulleting than the users that complain so much. I would not "lose any sleep" over this. We are all learning the new system. As long as you don't accidently change my settings :banned: as an honest mistake :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
The most recent stalker has had at least four recent "identities" ... he/she seems absolutely fascinated with cate ... but has sent several of us "interesting" PM's. I'm still trying to decide whether or not I should be frightened or amused by them ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

A truly sick mind. :wink:

I feel so left out. @#$%^&* :shakehead:

But do we still talk about our tattoos?

Last edited:
The government will just use your tattoos to process you, more efficiently.....:wink:

That's why I'm thinking of getting my SSN tattooed on my butt. :snicker:

:joke:

That's why I'm thinking of getting my SSN tattooed on my butt. :snicker:

:joke:

Clandestine units used to have SSN and bloodtype tattooed on the left side; called them "meat tags"...

Reactions: Jax
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom