Taylor Made?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rydog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all, we are currently on island and having a blast. Good viz and good sealife. I have been seeing a lot of peope talk about "taylor made" but I cannot find it on any of the maps. Does anyone have a suggestion as to the number or location?

We have not been there but found this on another forum. The post is a few years old so may not be totally accurate:

There is also an area of unnamed sites north of Bopec that have spectacular coral. Drive to the Bopec (oil tanks) gate and turn right on the dirt road. Follow the road around Bopec until it descends back to the shore and continue north. You will come to a track consisting of broken coral that forks off to the left - there are some tires there that look like someones marker. Turn left down the track for a few hunded yards until you get to a small tree that the path circles around. You are now at Taylor Made. The entry can be tricky, especially with cameras, since you have to traverse a barrier of elkhorn coral so only attempt this site if it's calm. If you go too far north on the road after Bopec you get to the named site Nukove which was trashed by Lenny. You've gone too far.

Taylor made is an unofficial and unmarked site. You will not find it on any map. It is described in 'bonaire shore diving made easy' though. There are basically only two places there where you can safely enter and exit. Lots of very shallow coral so risknof damaging the reef and/or yourself is there. Also currents can be ripping so treat this dive with the appropriate respect.

Bas is the man. took me there summer 2009, really nice dive. also candyland is right next to it. another great dive or so I am told as have never done that one. looking forward to doing it again but might be winter 2012 :frown:

Back
Top Bottom