TDAP 10 year booster overdue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just needs a pre-emptive...
upload_2019-9-19_14-19-42.jpeg

The dentist shamed most offices out of the lollipop. About the best you can do these days are stickers. Kids seems to love them. You might ask for The Little Mermaid. Or maybe Finding Nemo stickers! :wink:

I once got a Sponge Bob bandage over an injection site. If only it had foretold a dive trip, but alas.

Just needs a pre-emptive...
View attachment 541066

Oh, don't you worry....male nurse..lollipop...:rofl3:

I once got a Sponge Bob bandage over an injection site. If only it had foretold a dive trip, but alas.

Oh, I should ask if they have a fun bandage. I can't wait to see their faces when I ask and they do a double take on whether we are at a pediatrician's office. :D

Unfortunately I can't help you with attractive male nurse (fingers crossed for you though). But call me, I'll let you cry and talk you down. Like Bob Marley says, every little thing, is gonna be alright! :p

Update...

I called my doctor’s office and they wanted me to do it with an appointment. I told them I was leaving next week and asked if there were any available with such short notice. She said no, so I asked her to check with the nurse how hunky dory it would be to go to remote Indonesia without having had a booster. I figured I could run to a pharmacy if they didn’t like the idea and there were no appointments available. The nurse called back within 10 minutes and offered me a choice of days and times as requested for next week.

Perfect!

So who is going to be on the phone with me to hear me ugly cry and get live updates on a potential male nurse and lollipop? :popcorn:

Thanks, everyone. I will come back to whimper on Monday when the deed is done.
Good job on going to get it and bringing it up in general. I need to do the same and will call myself today.

As far as the phone call goes, can we make this a live stream event?

I feel your pain--I've had seven injections in the last few months (Tdap, yellow fever, typhoid, flu shot, and three allergy shots). My trick is never to watch and try to relax. If you tense your muscle, it tends to hurt a lot more. Sometimes they can also use a smaller (pediatric) needle--the flu shot nurse switched to one the other day when she saw my scrawny arms and it was much better than usual.

And since you'll be ugly crying anyway, be sure to ask about other vaccines you might need for Indonesia if you haven't already looked into this. My load of shots was ahead of a trip to the Amazon. There are some illness that are so not worth the risk.

Good luck and best wishes for an attractive male nurse!

Well, guys....today was the day at 11AM. Then disaster struck even before the day started when Mr. OOO fainted and hit his head so we went to the ER. I got nurses, alright, but not in the way I wanted! He’s fine, thankfully. The irony is that they asked him if he was updated on his tetanus shot/booster because he had a gash on his head. I ended up pushing my appointment back and not cancelling. I just have to gloat about that part given how far I’ve come, thanks to everyone’s encouragement. :wink:

The nurse who poked me was really good. The needle part was so fast and the best I’ve had. It was over before I knew it. It hurt more after than during. It’s tender now. I hope it doesn’t go full sore and pain like in the past.

I suppose I could say that was a euphemism or double entendre which is why it went so well.... :rofl3:

Sorry to disappoint the audience; there was no male nurse, a lollipop, or a “lollipop”. Real message board friends would have come through in a male nurse outfit. Just sayin’.

Can I count on you guys when I’m due for a blood panel? Oh, right...I’m also overdue for that, too. :facepalm:

Thanks, everyone! :flowers:

Glad it went better than expected.

Real message board friends would have come through in a male nurse outfit. Just sayin’.

I thought about it, but then I don't look good in any outfit! Glad it all went well and that Mr. OOO is OK. That's pretty scary stuff.

OMG!!! I can't believe you got this done! Are you crazy?!?

You've probably given yourself autism! With all that Mercury is now pumping through your veins with all the other toxins in vaccines you'll be lucky to make it a week.

Back
Top Bottom