TDI vs PADI tech materials?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marie13

Great Lakes Mermaid
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Question prompted by another thread. Just curious.

What are the PADI tec materials/manuals like compared with TDI? I’ve never seen the PADI ones to be able to compare.

This isn’t about the classes or training. Just the materials.

Question promoted by another thread. Just curious.

What are the PADI tec materials/manuals like compared with TDI? I’ve never seen the PADI ones to be able to compared.

This isn’t about the classes or training. Just the materials.
How to put this delicately?
I could try:
You can look at mine if you let me look at yours...
But that might sound bad...

Yeah, that sounds really bad. Like “want to see my etchings?”:rofl3:

Well....TDI's are better than they used to be.

The TDI materials in early 2000s were really written poorly in my opinion. They were overly simplistic and looked like someone put them together over some pizza. Hope they have improved since.

The TDI materials in early 2000s were really written poorly in my opinion. They were overly simplistic and looked like someone put them together over some pizza. Hope they have improved since.

:rofl3:

The books I have are 2011/2013 editions

To me, the TDI manuals really lack explanation and really seem more to be a classroom tool. I don't know that I've seen any manual SSI,PADI, or TDI that really could be used as stand alone material.

To me, the TDI manuals really lack explanation and really seem more to be a classroom tool. I don't know that I've seen any manual SSI,PADI, or TDI that really could be used as stand alone material.

The ITT book was really thin. Not much that was new to me. I’m taking the class for the in water stuff. The new Mark Powell book Technical Diving: An Introduction was much better and I highly recommend it.

Update: I was loaned a copy of the PADI Tech Deep Diver book from 2016-2017.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom