TDI vs. PADI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To all who replied many thanks. The common thread that I've seen here is 1. Don't rush, 2. Look for a good instructor, and 3. Train often. All solid, practical pieces of good advice.

We will be diving with BDS on Caye Caulker and I have contacted Chip regarding the sequence and training options. I suggested that I'd be very happy doing instructor/tec buddy led deco "fun" dives for exactly the reasons listed above.
Currently the BDS shop has no access to He, so unless I want to do the 50 m course on air, I'm sort of stuck. I also like an EAD around 30-35 m so probably will just deco fun dive with a great diver and work on skills and drills in the "shallows". .....And pray for a He delivery to Belize!

Did the trip happen yet? Any feedback? I did my deco procedures with Chip and everything well. I asked him to add in some extra drills and he did to include a no mask swim along a line. Unfortunately the line passed over fire coral. I now know what that looks like! :D

Back
Top Bottom