Teaching in Lanzarote

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

faze

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'll be in Lanzarote for a month later this year and my son and his girlfriend will be joining me for a week or so. Son is already certified girlfriend wants to learn.

Is anyone aware of any restrictions in Lanzerotte that would prevent me from teaching her? (I'm an instructor in teaching status, have insurance, etc.).

I know, for example, that in Malta I need to be registered with a local dive centre, but can't seem to find any concise, clear guidance regarding restrictions in Lanzarote.

Many thanks

Phil

Research Spanish requirements, as Lanzarote is part of Spain.
Thanks, but this approach doesn't work as Spain may be one country but it is quasi-federal in its legal structure. Laws, particularly those relating to 'the sea', differ across the 17 regions.

I used to teach in Santa Pola - could not take children under 15 diving where I was based, could drive 20 minutes down the coast and all good.

Perhaps reach out to a dive centre there and ask.

I assume you'll have to rent at least tanks and lead when you're there anyway even if you're hauling three sets of dive gear.

Also make sure that your insurance is going to cover any possible incidents.

Perhaps reach out to a dive centre there and ask.

I assume you'll have to rent at least tanks and lead when you're there anyway even if you're hauling three sets of dive gear.

Also make sure that your insurance is going to cover any possible incidents.
Thank you. Most DCs will only allow diving with their own DM/Instructors. They won't answer the question or point to the regulations.

I think you should contact Lanzarote tourist board. If they can't give you the answer, they should be able to orient you to someone with the right answer. Btw, while in Lanzarote, try the local wines, which are lovely.

Back
Top Bottom