Tear in atomic aquatic seat retainer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nick Steele

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Okay so cleaning my Regs last night and I noticed a little tear in the seat retainer on top of the reg. I just noticed this and not sure if it just happened or has happened in the last 12 dives somewhere. I believe it is just a cosmetic thing but wanted to make sure as I can’t find anything online about it.

Here are two pics
3280E92E-70C9-4A3D-AFF3-208BB12FE05E.jpeg
25FEB248-21D0-4A91-886B-2FEB26B792C0.jpeg

Any and all advise appreciated!

Die on,
Nick

Only cosmetic and provides protection to the base of the first stage. It easily removed and replaced if you want but I wouldn’t be in a rush to do that unless it annoys you!

And the cave divers all pride themselves on removing that particular piece of rubber, although I don't know why, it's black. My wife has none on any of hers. I have lots of spares.

They make 2 different ones. Yours indicates to me that you have a jet seat piston installed. But if it bothers you a lot, I'll send you any number of replacements for it. I have a ton of jet seat piston upgrade kits and each one comes with a new boot.

Thanks guys! Quick responses as usual

@Wookie thanks for the offer but I don’t mind it at all. I’m one who believes scratches build character so it’s all good to me.

Dive on,
Nick

it is only cosmetic. I don't think cave diver take pride of removing them. It is just they eventual come off and get lost. My atomics still have these caps on, but on my SP MK25s, none of them have end cap at this point because they just came off at a point.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom