Tec 3 for single tank?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Johanan

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi!

I got an offer to buy a full set of regulators - two Tec3 1st stages (RH+LH), two XTX50, hoses etc. It seems to be a good bargain for the dollars. I don't dive doubles yet but maybe some day. Meanwhile I could use the both XTX50 as my primary and backup regs. How versatile the Tec3 is? I know that it can be used for a single tank, too. Yet, I wonder is it not an awkward solution? Any advise?

In my area DIN is the most common version, but it might be a problem in other places,right?

Thanks!

Last edited:
I wouldn't buy another Yoke reg. If your regs are DIN, and you are going to be using tanks with Yoke valves (rentals for example), you can always get a converter, and if you forget it, the dive ops/boats almost always have the converters laying around, too.

Thanks, Lucca! Did I get it right that you use both 1st stages on a single tank? I.e., you get a special double valve that you screw into your tank, then the both 1st stages in this valve and the hoses in both 1st stages? That is new for me. I was thinking of using one of the 1st stages for single tank diving and both of them for doubles. Can you tell me more about the advantages of your configuration?

Thanks, katepnatl! I was wondering about rentals. Good to know that there is a ready solution available also in the dive shops or boats.

Last edited:
We use that configuration for ''valve drill'' .

If you wear wet suit and dive single , you can use single TEC3 1 stage (it fails 1LP for wet suit ) because it have 3LP and 1 HP.
I have once in march that year opportunity to test separated stages becauce on primary reg fail o ring and tube start to free flow air. (On new reg :)) So I cose primary vent and dive completly on secundar reg . Very positive !

Negative in my opinion is that is front with double 1stages and double ventils a little heavy and my trim go down on front.
But I have to sompensate with additional weight on back of tank.

Thanks, Lucca! Could you give me some good links where to buy H or Y valves? And which one to choose - H or Y? What brand? From what I was reading in other threads, Y valve vith dual dip tubes would give more redundancy...

Attachments

• SNC10404.JPG
    SNC10404.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 1,319
Thanks, Lucca!:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom