Tech Dives on Recreational Charters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the info about the dive charters. I have been looking at all three of those you mentioned and they do look very tech friendly! I have done a double dip rec dive on the Speigel before, but I am really looking forward to explore it with longer bottom times. Also from what I have seen, the Pompano area does seem to be 'the place' to Tech dive in SE Florida, lots of fun looking wrecks!

Hi :)
Tech diving - that's very exciting :) We work with a few liveaboards that support technical diving :) feel free to contact me for insights.

Big Ocean Hugs
Jenny

If you're on a rec boat running rec profiles, talk to the captain, be the first to splash and the last one up. As long as you're not holding up the trip you should be fine.

The Hydro Atlantic is high on my wish list as soon as my training is complete. I've always heard of it but never really looked into it as it was "tech" and out of my divable range. It looks amazing though! A spectacular wreck.

Pompano Dive Center is the most tech friendly shop in the area. :thumb:

Even on the recreational side they are great. The DMs are helpful when you want/need it, and stay out of the way when you don't.

So just to give an update, on Sunday I dove the Spigel Grove with Horizon Divers doing a double dip wreck dive. They were very flexible and were open to me doing either a single long dive or two separate dives. It was posted as a regular recreational charter but it was very tech Friendly. They had dedicated pvc tank holders for Deco tanks, and the benches were perfect for doubles. The Captain (Jeff) was great, and gave lots of good advice. I was the only diver in doubles but there was another diver on a rebreather and another diver who was solo like me. It was great having the freedom to dive the profiles I wanted to knowing I just had to be respectful of the clock and our time to leave. I managed a short planned deco dive with O2 (my first in the ocean), and another NDL dive afterwards. All went well despite a stronger than normal current (although I have to configure my Deco reg setup so the current doesn't keep purging it on the way down the line!).

Thanks for all the help and advice everyone!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom