Tech Diving BCD questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK, that makes sense. Sell the doubles wing and get a single tank one.

And you don’t need shoulder pads. If you want a harness more like a jacket BC one, Dive Rite makes several harnesses with quick releases and such that are made to work with back plates.

I see a 34lb apeks single donut wing for sale, is that too much lift for a single tank? I dive in 60 degree water, weigh 210, use a steel tank and a 7mm suit. I just want to get the right tool for the right job....on a budget lol

I see a 34lb apeks single donut wing for sale, is that too much lift for a single tank? I dive in 60 degree water, weigh 210, use a steel tank and a 7mm suit. I just want to get the right tool for the right job....on a budget lol

that should be fine. 7mm farmer John with a steel 130 it’s not enough but we already went thru that. It should be fine though. 40lb wings don’t come up very often and 30will be marginal.

that should be fine. 7mm farmer John with a steel 130 it’s not enough but we already went thru that. It should be fine though. 40lb wings don’t come up very often and 30will be marginal.
I actually have a dui 50 50 drysuit in the repair shop. Would having a 34 lb won’t be ideal with that setup too?

I actually have a dui 50 50 drysuit in the repair shop. Would having a 34 lb won’t be ideal with that setup too?

the bc does less work with a dry suit than a wetsuit so it would be more than adequate. The bcd compensates for changes in buoyancy, with wetsuits that is compression at depth, with dry suits the suit deals with its own compression so the bc only has to handle the gas in the tank.

you REALLY shouldn't be using a classic wing with singles. The Classic was the first wing made specifically for doubles, and most specifically for double LP104's which are 8" in diameter and very heavy. You are setting yourself up for all sorts of problems if you try to use that wing with a single tank. "Can you", obviously you can do whatever you want, but the wing is going to be above the tank and you will struggle to get it to dump properly and you'll have trapped air problems. It's not safe or smart.
Oh really? Next are you going to tell us that a self certified sidemount instructor ahouldnt be using a doubles wing for sidemount? I mean that thing tacoed like a sail. Sounds streamlined to me, kind of like a marlin.

I wish I was joking.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom