Tech Diving Limited

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jextract

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey all,
I'm wondering what your experience is with Tech Diving Limited. I ordered an O2 analyzer from them on their DEMA special and my credit card was charged on 11/13/06. When I hadn't received my product by a couple of weeks ago I called them and asked about it, and asked why my card was charged. They apologized and explained that I should have been told that my card would be charged (I wasn't). They then said that because of the big response to their special that the product had been backordered and would ship out the beginning of the next week, which is almost two weeks ago now. Still nothing.

What is your experience with this company? Is this their regular way of doing business?

I've had nothing but good experiences with Joel and Randy. One of my orders wasn't complete. When I notified them, they shipped the remaining items of my order the next day and I didn't have to pay for shipping.

I will say that when things are backordered, they can take a while. I bought some large bolt snaps from them and they took about 4 weeks to get to me from being backordered. Just be patient and curtious and they will treat you great.

I will continue to buy from them.

I think it was Randy whom I talked with on the phone and he was nothing but nice to me. I just don't know about the practice of charging a credit card and not delivering the product for months.

They won't stiff you. I agree however that your CC should not have been charged until it shipped.

Joel (owner) will see this shortly and let us all know why this happened and how he will make it up to you (which I'm 99% sure he will)

I have placed a some orders with them over the past few months , and everything worked out fine for me.
Some items I ordered were not in stock and they e-mailed me and offered me an alternate.
It should all work out for you, but you may want to ask for a credit till the item ships.
Jim Breslin

I have order a fair amount from them, and they are first rate.. but they don't aways get stuff out as well as they should.. They are one of may favorite places to buy from.

OMG, Jamie... what has Trace done to you that you're frequenting tech sites. I've not dealt directly with TDL (but probably will in the future) but I've heard nothing but good things about them so I'm sure things will work out fine.

I second the previous posts. My experiences with them have been good. Email or give 'em a call. They are very responsive and courteous.

I had the same complaint and PM'd Joel a week or so ago. If you look at their "ad" that Joel posted here and on TDS it clearly says that it is a prepay. I agree that it is crap that they are doing it this way. If your order was called in then I guess then it is their fault for not telling you this.
On the other hand I don't think that I can really complain since I have gotten a couple feebies out of Joel because of this delay. Plus I got an email and at the bottom it says that they have credited my account $15 for further shopping at TDL. I think a hose for my pony bottle is due to be ordered.

I agree with everyone else. First rate operation any problems I have had, have been taken care of quickly and effectively.I have made maybe twelve orders or more all positive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom