Tech trip suggestions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

geo3

PADI MSDT
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am planning a Caribbean trip for March of '09. I would like to get in a couple days of tech diving to 200 fsw, along with some recreational dives with my wife. Can anyone offer suggestions on places where I can accomplish this? Looks like DiveTech on Grand Cayman is an option, and maybe Cozumel as well? Any suggestions on dive ops or locations where I could do some rec and some tech would be greatly appreciated.

I am planning a Caribbean trip for March of '09. I would like to get in a couple days of tech diving to 200 fsw, along with some recreational dives with my wife. Can anyone offer suggestions on places where I can accomplish this? Looks like DiveTech on Grand Cayman is an option, and maybe Cozumel as well? Any suggestions on dive ops or locations where I could do some rec and some tech would be greatly appreciated.

I have dove some pretty deep walls on Cozumel. I have not been to Grand Cayman but I understand there are plenty of tech dives there as well.

Certainly plenty of tech dives to do on Cayman. Not many places with a 6000 foot wall you can dive from shore.

If you are considering Divetech I would drop them an Email and check on their current prices for Trimix. Cost has gone up a LOT in the last year or 2.

You might look into Pirates Point in The Dominican Republic Pirates Cove Dive Center - Samaná, Dominican Republic
and RecTekScuba in Bonaire Rec Tek Scuba Bonaire - We do it silent. We do it deep. Techincal diving.

Thanks for the suggestions! I will definitely be looking at cost on this trip. The increases in O2 last year, on top of always pricey He, will limit my number of dives, after factoring in fuel surcharges, bag fees, etc. But, it's only money and they can just print more, right?

I am at DiveTech(Cobalt Coast) right now in Grand Cayman, and unless your bringing your own dive buddy forget about any tech diving. I've ask them 3 times if they could put something together and they have said they'll see what they can do. I have no problem paying for a guided Trimix Dive. So far I've been here 7 days and no luck. 3 days of diving to go and I'm not holding my breath. Also consider that I did not prebook any trimix diving as I was told by E-mail that could be arranged once I got here.

Try Deep Exposure Dive Center in Cozumel. They offer guided trimix dives.

Dive Tech in G.C is a fantastic operation to do some tech diving, at one point in my travels I stopped in and pumped some dives on a rebreather, hung out with crew and witnessed some pretty amazing freedives as well.... I now live in the Bay Islands in Honduras, on Roatan.... It is par with G.C. as for diving, fantastic conditions, dive sites are minutes away on the boat.... can do a dive in the morning and be back home by noon... Roatan Tec Team is operating out of Coconut Tree Divers, you can check out there website and the tec site is in there as well... if your interested in prices let me know

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom