Techni-Flex by USIA is coming soon!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

USIA:
USIA actually sold 43 suits, but only 29 of the Techniflex's. I guess I got bad info. :confused: Either way, it was good weekend for USIA and Apollo!
Congratulations-USIA always does a great job @ Divers Fair. It is always a lot of fun working together and meeting all the Pacific NW divers and reps from all over the country, Scot and the Zeagle crew and many others.

You as well. I always send people over to Apollo who are looking for a quality Neoprene suit. Plus, we alway sell a ton of our Superstretch undergarments with Apollo suits. That way we all win!!!

Jerry, are you going to DEMA? I want to see one of these suits before I commit to a 905.

PerroneFord:
Jerry, are you going to DEMA? I want to see one of these suits before I commit to a 905.
Unfortunately, no. We kind of bailed on DEMA a couple of years ago. We may come back in 2008 in Vegas, but unless something drastic happens with DEMA in the next couple of years, we won't be attending.

I hear ya. Common complaint. If it wasn't a few hours from us, I don't think we'd be going either.

USIA:
My buddy Rusty Berry owns Scuba Schools of America in California. He posted some pic's in his recent news letter of some of his students and customers in there Techniflex's. www.e-interchange.com/review.cfm?ORID=15718&REFID=19548

Here is a few more on SSA's website. Gotta love those patterns!!! www.scubaschoolsofamerica.com/Photos.cfm? They actually order custom made BC's with the same patterns. Their a fun group to go diving with.

The people kneeling at the bottom all seem to have shoulder dumps on their suits, whereas the suit on USIA page had a forearm dump, so I'm wondering where's the dump valve actually located in these suits?

*Floater*:
The people kneeling at the bottom all seem to have shoulder dumps on their suits, whereas the suit on USIA page had a forearm dump, so I'm wondering where's the dump valve actually located in these suits?
You actually have your choice. When you order, you specify which style boots, which style pocket and where the valve placement is. When you buy from an U.S. Manufacturer you really have more say in how you want your suit built.

Sorry, attending Husky and Seahawk football games drew my attention away from taking pictures this weekend.... :bang:

Anyway, I picked up the drysuit on Saturday, XXL (I'm 6'3" 275 lbs), comes it's own duffle bag with seperate compartments for the undergarments and drysuit. Really impressed with the packaging, it has everything you would need. I will tell you up front that I haven't had a chance to get any shots of me in it, but I have tried to get pics of the whole suit, the new padding material, the valves, the underarm seam (it is from the outside). All the seams are done pretty much the same as the underarm seam I captured it appears. I bought it at a dive fair up here in Seattle, so I don't know if the price that I got it for would be the standard pricing (it would be a good question for Jerry), but with the superstretch undergarments, the whole package ran me $1295 plus tax.

I figured it would be easier if I just gave a link to all the pics. So here you go:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rpm88yb/

Let me know what other pics you guys want by tomorrow (I have to return the digital camera to my folks).

Thanks for taking the time to snap and post pictures.
Have you ever seen or felt a DUI CF 200 suit? Would you say this material is similar in feel and weight?

Jim

GREAT photos!! Thanks so much...

Maybe Jerry will ome in and tell us what retail $$ is.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom