Techni-Flex by USIA is coming soon!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What are my other options? I have no way to properly fit the suit otherwise. Especially if I am asking for some custom tailoring. I'll probably do basic measurements in accordance with the video on the USIA webpage and see how close I can get to a stock fit.

By far the most comfortable dry suit I have ever had...great work Jerry!

PerroneFord:
What are my other options? I have no way to properly fit the suit otherwise. Especially if I am asking for some custom tailoring. I'll probably do basic measurements in accordance with the video on the USIA webpage and see how close I can get to a stock fit.

Hi Perrone,

I'm actually the USIA rep in the SE, I know you lean DIR shall we say.

I've PM'd you my phone #, give me a shout and I'll hep you with the sizing/measuring

Best,

Chris

Hi Rusty!

This is Tina with Scuba Sciences, in Phoenix, AZ. I would have to agree with you 100%!! I have had nothing but USIA dry suits. I absolutely adore them. I usually get so cold diving in California with a wetsuit but not since I bought a dry suit!

Hopefully we can meet up in California for a trip!

Talk to you soon!
Tina
Scuba Sciences, Inc.

What configuration have people here gone with for boots- soft soles, hard soles, or the Bioflex socks? I'm kinda leaning toward the socks, the material seems like it would be more durable than a lot of other socks in regular neoprene or especially latex.
And what about sizing? The site says for men to go down from their normal street footwear, and the suit I tried on had the soft sole in 11 (I am a size 12) They fit, but my left toe was right up against the end- not uncomfortable, but then it is a stretchy boot and not a work shoe. I'm thinking with thick socks for diving, I'd wear my normal size 12 if I ordered it with the boots- but what about sizing it with the Bioflex socks, how are they sized?
gomi_

Scuba Sciences:
Hi Rusty!

This is Tina with Scuba Sciences, in Phoenix, AZ. I would have to agree with you 100%!! I have had nothing but USIA dry suits. I absolutely adore them. I usually get so cold diving in California with a wetsuit but not since I bought a dry suit!

Hopefully we can meet up in California for a trip!

Talk to you soon!
Tina
Scuba Sciences, Inc.
Tina, I'm not sure you guys have even seen the Techniflex yet. I'm going to be sending down Paul one to check out here in the near future. Rusty has some cool shots of his suits on his website.

gomi_otaku:
What configuration have people here gone with for boots- soft soles, hard soles, or the Bioflex socks? I'm kinda leaning toward the socks, the material seems like it would be more durable than a lot of other socks in regular neoprene or especially latex.
And what about sizing? The site says for men to go down from their normal street footwear, and the suit I tried on had the soft sole in 11 (I am a size 12) They fit, but my left toe was right up against the end- not uncomfortable, but then it is a stretchy boot and not a work shoe. I'm thinking with thick socks for diving, I'd wear my normal size 12 if I ordered it with the boots- but what about sizing it with the Bioflex socks, how are they sized?
gomi_
Personally, I like having attached boots. It's the same cost. I have worn the Bioflex sox with the USIA All Terrain boots, and they are very comfortable. The sox are a little hard to size, so if you have if you are one of those people like me who can wear anything from a size 10 to a size 11 in a regular shoe, you may have a little trouble getting a great fit. I actually think our attached boots are probably the most comfortable dry suit boot I have encountered. We have very few complaints.

I have the hard soled boots built in and I have been very happy with them thus far. The boots had UK sizes on them, so I am not exactly sure what US equivelant is. I normally where between a 10.5-11 in athletic shoes.

OK
We've become a USIA dealer and I should have my tricked-out Techni-Flex suit in a week or so. I'll post some pictures and feedback shortly thereafter....

I've opted for soft socks and will wear regular wetsuit boots over top. I have dive buddies who happily use this arrangement; it will be a first for me. I like the idea of the soft socks because...
- They can be turned inside out easily for pressure check...
- If they fit into wetsuit boots, I can use my same fins as diving wet
- The can be protected from the rocky shores here with the wetsuit boots, which are easily replaceable (more easily than softsole boots like turbo soles)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom