Techni-Flex by USIA is coming soon!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jagfish,
I can't wait to see your Techni-flex. I think I know what ol' Santa is getting Pac for Christmas this year!
I may have asked this already, but what is the turn-around time on a custom fit coming to Japan?
PacChill

Hey PacChill
I went with a stock size since I seemed to fit well into one of them. I'll ask about the turnaround, but like with most other companies, I assume that lead time changes from week to week depending on what kind of order volume they have at the moment.

Jim

Right on Jim, I should be back in a few weeks. We will have to get a time to do the sizing for me. I'm not sure how much of a "stock size guy" I am LOL. Close maybe. Then I can dive all winter... can't wait!
Willie

Hi Jerry!

I can't wait to see the new suit! I'm due for a new suit next year. Maybe I'll treat myself.

I hope everything is going great for you! Talk to you soon!
Tina
Scuba Sciences, Inc.

Got mine today, Orange trim, about 2.5 inches on each sleeve, 1" wide slash along zipper (front entry) and a 4x12 slash going down across each thigh toward inner leg. Removable pocket covers some of thigh slash.

Removable pocket fastened with 4 plastic bands. Very heavy duty and apparently designed with military (or fire - I used to train firefighters) in mind. Difficult to accidently release, takes some effort to clip on and NEVER worry about them coming loose. Well done.

I paid $1295, no thermals and latex socks. Son bought one with thermals, boots, and certification class for $1395. Both stock size suits.

They also come with a neck ring you can use when it's one of those hot days and you are topside but for some reason cannot get out of the suit (e.g., back-up diver on a commercial job). The ring goes around neck and latex collar folds down over it, letting some air circulate. I am allergic to neoprene so the suit was made with no neoprene on the neck.

I also have BIG feet 12 1/2 EEE with high arch. At my request they made the sock/leg connection oversize. Still need to wear a slick fabric sock over thermal sox but they do go on and off without needing someone to help while I worry about tearing latex.

Now I am anxious to get out and dive. As many of you know, the older you get, the less control you seem to have over your time. I am supposed to be approaching retirement and have never been busier.

ralawrence:
I paid $1295, no thermals and latex socks. Son bought one with thermals, boots, and certification class for $1395. Both stock size suits.

Where did you get yours? Why did you opt for the latex socks instead of the bioflex socks? I'm still very seriously considering this suit when I go dry.
gomi_

What options would be necessary for the techniflex to be tech cave ready? Any options I'd also need for ice diving? I'm certified in neither yet, but I'd like to have a drysuit I can use for a long time to come and in some very cold conditions. Any special requests I need to make about the cut of the suit?

p-valve
second cargo pocket
...?

Thanks for the help!

ralawrence:
They also come with a neck ring you can use when it's one of those hot days

Congrads on your new suit .. I have never had a problem w/ my usia
which I have had for more then several years..and I take mine past
200+ feet quite often.

As far as the neck ring thing .. never used once. But, I did give it to a guy at
Blue Hole NM who turned it into a Beer Bong !!! :D

Have fun bob

JS1scuba:
I belive that mine is the first one coming off the line. I should have it next week so Jerry told me. I'm taking it on the Doria.

Cheers

Wow if Joel Silverstein is diving a USIA product... and taking it to no less tha Doria then its gotta be a great suit... seriously.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom