TECLINE Regs??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Random Dude

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all,

Happened to come across this European (Poland) brand, and it seems that they are marketing themselves as quality regulators comparable to Apeks and the likes. From my searches, it seems like they are hardly seen in the Americas, but are gaining popularity quickly in Europe.

Also, it turns out that I have a dealer in my country, with really competitive pricing both when purchasing the regs, and also when purchasing service kits. Therefore, I'm quite inclined to give them a try.

Does anyone happen to have any experience with their regulators, especially the R2 1st stages (which looks like DST clones to me)? Do you guys think I should try them out?

p.s. I'm looking for a set of backmount doubles regulator for beginner technical diving, if that matters.

my guess is they are made in taiwan. similar to the older dive rites. they don't have balanced 2nd stages iirc. i would get something with balanced 2nds like the deep 6 dgx or hog d1/classic instead. or just find some used apeks.

Yes they have balanced 2nd stages yes they are pretty much Apeks clones starting is but have since then started tot some real good stuff. Myself and many here em great stuffs great price, easy to service and get hold of kits for. I love them and use em for tec'n'rec

@Pkishino Thanks for the reply! Just wanna ask a few more questions
Have you ever tried the R2 TEC regs? How do they compare to other regs?
In general, is there anything one should consider about TECLINE regs, such as certain weaknesses, or unexpected problems?

@Pkishino Thanks for the reply! Just wanna ask a few more questions
Have you ever tried the R2 TEC regs? How do they compare to other regs?
In general, is there anything one should consider about TECLINE regs, such as certain weaknesses, or unexpected problems?
I have and use r3 tec, r5 tec, r2tec seconds in various config, R2 ice with 5 th ports, r6 ice and several others among my buddues. The onlyoregret is the r6 due to lack of routing if you want to use it for anything else than single tank. Rest is brilliant.

Hi,

No firsthand experience using them myself, but a buddy of mine had them. We experienced a few times that they froze/started purging at depth, 20-30 meters They where still functioning, but we had to abort the dive. Of course, this was during Norwegian winter, but my Apeks was doing fine.

Also spoke with one of the importers of diving equipment here in Norway, which still imports Tecline, but as he said, as long as they have brands as Aqualung and Apeks, he saw no reason to push Tecline. At least here, price difference of Tecline and Apeks are close to nothing, and Apeks have delivered fieldproven regs for our climate for years.

When it comes to price of new equipment, I don’t mind buying used regs and just get them serviced.

Just my thoughts.

Hi,

No firsthand experience using them myself, but a buddy of mine had them. We experienced a few times that they froze/started purging at depth, 20-30 meters They where still functioning, but we had to abort the dive. Of course, this was during Norwegian winter, but my Apeks was doing fine.

Also spoke with one of the importers of diving equipment here in Norway, which still imports Tecline, but as he said, as long as they have brands as Aqualung and Apeks, he saw no reason to push Tecline. At least here, price difference of Tecline and Apeks are close to nothing, and Apeks have delivered fieldproven regs for our climate for years.

When it comes to price of new equipment, I don’t mind buying used regs and just get them serviced.

Just my thoughts.
Hmm considering tecline was developed by guys who were not satisfied with apeks that sounds like unusual problems. We use em both deep andalong in cold water, winter conditions here in Sweden .. Here there is a big price difference for some reason and I know enough people diving them way beyond me without issues tgat I am confident to recommend them to anyine

Hmm considering tecline was developed by guys who were not satisfied with apeks that sounds like unusual problems.

How does it differ from the Apeks design? I don't have experience with Tecline regs, but it would be interesting to hear how they have improved the Apeks design, which these regs obviously are based on.

Hmm considering tecline was developed by guys who were not satisfied with apeks that sounds like unusual problems. We use em both deep andalong in cold water, winter conditions here in Sweden .. Here there is a big price difference for some reason and I know enough people diving them way beyond me without issues tgat I am confident to recommend them to anyine

Sure, I’ve no issue with that.

I’m just sharing my experience with the tecline. From my perspective when I was looking for regs, I was looking for a well proven brand, not to expensive, with a good wellknown track record. Also, cheap and accessible service, or components if you do service it yourself.

Sure, as with everything, there will always be stories about all brands (as mine) not being 100% positive, and they don’t have to be representative.

Last edited:
I was in 5c water a couple of weeks ago with a buddy diving Tecline regs, I was using Apeks and a student Oceanic. All were rated for cold water use, only the Oceanic gave any trouble.

One of our local shops pushes them and so several people in the club have them. Nobody has complained about them, although personally I just buy Apeks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom