Teclite 8.8aH 21watt HID can light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonnythan

Knight Scublar
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
www.teclite.com

This company puts out a canister light that has a 21 watt HID head and uses a lithium ion battery canister. The can looks a little shorter and wider than a Helios 4.5 can, but holds about twice the power. Seems like a neat idea.

Has anyone seen one of these? When I started a thread here a couple years back asking why they don't use li-ion batteries in cans I got a fair bit of grief... :wink:

One drawback that comes to mind is the lighthead cord. I would not buy it for that alone. If you are familiar with how a telephone cord can get kinked up, then just imagine what will happen with this. It will get stuck on your long hose if you route beneath it, get all twisted when ever you clip it off. No thanks.

Can the light be focused U/W?

Yup, I noticed the coiled cord and thought "wtf?" I'm not planning on buying one, it's more the idea of a li-ion battery pack. Imagine powering your 10watt HID off a battery the same size and weight as the one you have now but getting almost twice the burn time, or using a battery pack so small you can put it....... er, somewhere else :wink:

According to their site, you can get a 6 or 13 degree reflector, so no focusing. Doubtless one of the reasons it's so cheap.. I'm sure there are others as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom