TEEN OPPORTUNITIES?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
P
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Looking for volunteer or research opportunities for PADI-certified Open Water TEEN divers - either in the Pacific Northwest during the academic year OR anywhere during the summers. Suggestions? Thanks!

Actually any sugestions for a summer program (2-3 weeks) for a HS senior during the 2024 summer would be amazing!!! Camps,university programs etc....incuding programs we would have to pay. She has 100+ dives in North East and Florida.

Actually any sugestions for a summer program (2-3 weeks) for a HS senior during the 2024 summer would be amazing!!! Camps,university programs etc....incuding programs we would have to pay. She has 100+ dives in North East and Florida.
Have a look at this. I’ve done guided cave dives with Scott Davenport, the director. Scuba camp for teens.

This may be getting a bit away from what the OP was asking about (research opportunities), but I'll share below my **very rough notes** that I put together for my 18 year old son (he ended up getting a scholarship that required starting college in the summer, so he was not able to do these) -- most of these are DiveMaster (DM) class/internship opportunities.

Several locations - not just DM programs:
Summer Employment Opportunities Around the World | Broadreach (gobroadreach.com)

Key Largo, FL:
PADI IDC Professional Scuba Instructor Development Center | Key Largo, Florida Keys (rainbowreefidc.com)

Key West, FL:
Finz Dive Center | Scuba Diving and Snorkeling in Key West (internship)

Venice, FL (PADI):
www.keyshukadive.com (Gulf, Siesta Key) - may want long-term DMs (seem to be constantly advertising for DMs)

Punta Cana or Playa del Carmen
Free PADI DIVEMASTER INTERNSHIP with Dressel Divers - free program requires 4 months to work off costs.

Cozumel
Divemaster internship (under the "Go Pro" section) that is $1,449-$1,750 for 6-8 weeks all inclusive: http://blueangelresort.com/diving-cozumel/#1512613264548-9da090ce-efd9

Divemaster Internship | Cozumel Dive School

Rescue Diver to Divemaster Internship (cozumeldiveacademy.com)

Cayman
GO PRO DIVING - GoProCayman Free DiveMaster Internship | Divemaster Training Courses

Nicaragua:
Dos Tiburones Dive Shop | Padi and SSI Scuba Diving Courses (divecornisland.com)

Thailand
Divemaster Training Program | Koh Tao, Thailand | Roctopus Pro Center

PADI Divemaster - From 30,000 THB (master-divers.com)

Hydronauts Divemaster - Hydronauts | Scuba Diving | Recreational | Technical | Thailand (hydronautsdiving.com)

Free Divemaster Internship Phuket | Scuba Quest Dive Center Thailand (divingkamala.com)

Let's Go Pro - Divemaster Internship Phuket Thailand for free (phuket-diving-thailand.net) may be only during school year.

Borneo
https://www.downbelowadventures.com/product/padi-divemaster-1-month-internship/ includes 1 month dorm accommodation

Indonesia
Divemaster Internships

Divemaster Internship Indonesia – 3W Divemaster

Divemaster | Scuba Junkie Komodo

Mozambique, Africa:
Dive Courses in Vilanculos - Mozambique (odysseadive.com)

Canary Islands (west of Africa)
Divemaster internship - PADI Divemaster internships - Dive internships Tenerife | PADI Divemaster internships (divemasterinternshipacademy.com)

Not an official program, but I will be doing some dives in Bellingham documenting a wreck I found and could use some help. Probably start in the spring.

hey, a huge thanks for some great ideas!! she has been doing alot of marine mammal research camps in florida for tge past seven years, and has decided she wants to pursue a career in the marine sciences...so these are fantastic! thank you all!ll

Back
Top Bottom