Teen Scuba Camps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jstew

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone else tried a teen scuba camp? I went to ActionQuest last summer in the British Virgin Islands and I am going back again this summer. Just thought I would see if any of you diving teens are interested because I wish I found out about this a couple of years ago.

Jake

Catalina Sea Camp by Guided Discoveries has an excellent Scuba Program for teens. They offer a variety of classes and lots of other activities so you aren't diving every moment. I've gone for the past 5 years and get new certifications every year.

fishsticks425:
Catalina Sea Camp by Guided Discoveries has an excellent Scuba Program for teens. They offer a variety of classes and lots of other activities so you aren't diving every moment. I've gone for the past 5 years and get new certifications every year.

Great to see CIMI alum. here. As mentioned - CIMI does rule with a variety of programming that lets everyone have a balanced dose of fun. Can't beat it.

X

I attended the ActionQuest program in the BVIs as well as the program on the Great Barrier Reef (both over 6 years ago) and I loved them both. As a person who attended the programs, is a dive instructor and a formal school teacher, I feel that programs like ActionQuest are incredible. Everyone should get to go!

A few years (okay like 6) when i was in high school I saved up for a Broadreach program (Similar to ActionQuest). I sailed and dove around the caribbean for 3 weeks, received my advanced and rescue and had the greatest three weeks of my life. I highly recommend it!

Seacamp was designed for 'budget teen dive camping".
They used to have scholarships, reducing cost to zero,
other than transport to Miami for Greyhound to Big Pine.
OK...it's not Broadreach....but it's got some of the best
coral reef diving around....or used to. The living accomodations
are rather spartan...but you are not going for 5* accomodations.
It's way, way better than NO scuba camp.
I went in "66/'67 and fondly recall the place to this day!(obviously)

I also highly reccomend broadreach!! I did it two years in a row, for around 3 weeks each, awesome staff, awesome group of kids, soo much fun! got my rescue, did around 18-20 dives each time, check out gobroadreach.com, it's amazing, ask me any questions if you want

Back
Top Bottom