teeth again!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andy waller

Reaction score
hello again!!
had a temporary filling done last one dilled out and infection drained out things seem pretty cool now no pain but can temps have air blocks. im off all medication. cheers look forward to any reply. cheers andy

I have gone diving with a temp tooth, once after a root canal, and last feb. after a aptadectamey (sp) and had no problems. Of course that doesn't mean you might not have a problem. I know,I know, I have bad teeth.
Mike

Hopefully that will fix your problems and you will be emulating a fish in no time at all!

Barbara had a tooth problem on our trip in September--and wouldn't you know it, it happened the day before our first dive on the Big Island! Well, we called the dive shop that evening and they recommended a dentist. Even thought it was Sunday evening, he had us meet him at his office and he diagnosed the problem: he decided a temp would do until Barb could see her regular dentist. It turned out that he also happened to be a diver and appreciated Barbara's desire not to give up diving on our trip.

So, she got a temp with the ability to "equalize"! On the first dive she had a little pain on the ascent, but that was the only time. We theorized that the one of the "equalizer channels" need a little "widening". At any rate, it worked just fine!

For the record, the dentist's name is Charles Roberts (tel. 808-327-9677). If you are ever on the Big Island and need dental care, he is just great. And he can tell you about diving Truk before it became a dive resort!

Joewr...eating one of my tree's fresh apples in the hopes it will keep both the doctor and the dentist away--especially the NetDoc(tor).

Dear Andy,

Be really careful with a tooth and a temporary filling. Just because the temporary can equalize it doesn't mean you are safe.

In order for the temporary to "equalize" there must be a hole in it somewhere. Mouth crud can get in and cause and infection. In addition, it can also block the hole so that equalization fails to occur.

Check out the article in Dive Medicine Online"

http://www.scuba-doc.com/

Look up dentistry and root canals.

Disclaimer
(No representations are made that in any way offer a diagnosis, treatment or cure for any illness or condition, either discussed or implied. Answers to questions are offered as information only and should always be used in conjunction with advice from your personal diving physician. I take no responsibility for any conceivable consequence, which might be related to any visit to this site.)

Have a great Turkey Day.

Laurence Stein DDS
:doctor:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom