TekDiveGirl / Kimber Hawkens Thurman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kimber was one of my favorites here on SB... but it didn't start out that way. My heart is heavy. She helped me to kind of like pink... tolerate it at least. When ever I see that color, I'll think of her pink wings.

Your supporting a non diving thread and by making a non diving related forum area , is what allowed Kimber and I to meet and for her to become my Sweetie :jump:
Divers are going to talk. Giving divers what they wanted when they wanted it is why we haven't been totally overblown by Face Book. We're almost the last forum standing. I've met so many friends here, have witnessed their progressions and yes, had to deal with their mortality as well. Some have stayed. Some have left. All have been appreciated. Kimber taught me the importance of compassion and second chances. She was perma-banned at one point, but she went through the death of a loved one and I lifted that ban. She needed the community and frankly, we needed her although we didn't know that at the time. We even had a moderator leave over that, but I figured we needed more compassionate mods anyway. I've never been afraid to change my mind about someone after that. People and perspectives can change, me included.

She knew she was an inspiration to others, there were so many that said that to her , but she wasn't convinced of it making her special ... her thoughts on such comments about admiring her struggles and will to succeed was "what else could I do?"

So very sorry to hear this. I had no idea this was even a possibility. Nothing I can say that won't sound stupid so ... Condolences.

Was just talking about what an inspiration she was on Friday.

Alas, I never met her in person. RIP and Thank You!

I was new to the board back then, but I remember TekDiveGirl. My condolences.

-Lorenzoid
former San Diegan!

July 3rd 2006 ... her accident was on this trip, they were diving the Hogan before going to the destroyer Yukon to leave a memorial plaque for her friend Steve Donatan
this is video of Kimber before it happened (she's in pink .. you know ... "Pink, it's the new black" :wink:

Very sorry to read this. My condolences.

DW

Reactions: D_B
Don, I'll offer my condolences once again to you, my friend, as well as Kimber's family and friends. Such a shock when I saw this yesterday on FB. Be strong, my friend!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom