Tell me all your Fiji secrets! (Best way to spend 7 days in Fiji prior to diving.)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

krist3l

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Friends who have been to Fiji: what were your most memorable experiences? Favorite dive sites? Coolest land-based activities?

I will be diving in Fiji for 10 days in August, with a week to spare prior to the organized group trip. What would be the best way to spend 7 days in this beautiful country as a solo traveller?

My 10 days of diving will be based at Volivoli Beach Resort (7 days) and at Waidroka Bay Resort (3 days). Should I try to swing a visit to Rainbow Reef if I'm already diving the Vatu-I-Ra passage? Any other must-see destinations?

The options are overwhelming so any advice is greatly appreciated.

We did kayaking down the river It was pretty mellow. The only person to tip over was a woman who had worked as a kayak instructor in CO--go figure. I don't remember the outfit, we were mostly novices.

We spent a couple days at Toberua Island to catch up on jet lag and such prior to diving, and loved it. Nothing to do but sleep, snorkel with the kraits eat and drink

If I had to do it again (hopefully I will) i would fly from Nadi to Nausori rather than drive.

Go into nature on island (whichever one that may be). As much as diving is fun there's a world above the surface as well. When we were last there we did hiking (a couple of places), kayaking, and basic relaxing as well as snorkeling and diving.

Back
Top Bottom