Tell Us How We are Doing!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, Mr Orans (I assume this is your actual name and not some adolescent reference to T.E Lawrence, or '338' as Noel Coward preferred), I have a question. Immediately downstairs from this string is a photograph of Dandy Don. A couple of weeks ago Don thanked me for some information I posted regarding headcoverings for divers with bald spots who wished to avoid sunburn on these spots. He and others seemed to be using cotton headscarfs. I suggested swim caps of the easily stored Lycra type, which work just fine, do not absorb water, and fold to about the size of a postage stamp.

For some reason that post of mine has vanished. The related 'thank you' also disappeared from my profile.

Was there some reason for this that you are able to reveal? In any event, to simply delete the post, DD's reply, etc, without a brief note letting me know that I had somehow transgressed board rules seems rude. It may be that someone with a delete key simply does not like swim caps. It is certainly their prerogative to remove offensive material of this kind.

Whatever the reasons may be, it was done in an extraordinarily crass and impolite manner. I am reminded of the old Soviet Encyclopedia's revised editions. Do you also crop photographs, in order to remove persons or things you deem undesirable? I don't really care about the post, and am well used to deletions. I mention the incident because you asked for feedback: "How are we doing". See if you can infer my evaluation.

I do enjoy the board my one feeling is this. I requested to be accepted into the DM canidate forum an as yet i have recieved no reply????????? Any ideas ???????? Or have i done some thing wrong ??????????

I do enjoy the board my one feeling is this. I requested to be accepted into the DM canidate forum an as yet i have recieved no reply????????? Any ideas ???????? Or have i done some thing wrong ??????????

Doubtful you have done anything wrong. You'll probably get a reply soon. In it it will state they are overworked and just didn't have the time to get to you. The majority do do their best.

Perhaps one day they might realize more mods may just help this problematic situation.

Anyway, just know that you are not the only one with this same frustration.

Personally, I would ask again and keep asking until you get some sort of response.

Or have i done some thing wrong ??????????

no, it takes a while sometimes ...

they do try to get to it as fast as they can, but sometimes a request slips through ... just send another PM

[edit] ok Miss.. that was freaky

they are volunteers, and it's a pain in the butt (the process ... it's pretty involved... you need to set time aside to do it ... it involves several steps)

I do enjoy the board my one feeling is this. I requested to be accepted into the DM candidate forum an as yet i have received no reply????????? Any ideas ???????? Or have i done some thing wrong ??????????
PM sent.

Well, Mr Orans (I assume this is your actual name and not some adolescent reference to T.E Lawrence, or '338' as Noel Coward preferred), I have a question.
Yes, it is an reference to T.E Lawrence. Lawrence also happens to be the English version of my first name. Which is why I chose my user name. Thank you for noticing. :)

For some reason that post of mine has vanished. The related 'thank you' also disappeared from my profile.

Was there some reason for this that you are able to reveal? In any event, to simply delete the post, DD's reply, etc, without a brief note letting me know that I had somehow transgressed board rules seems rude. It may be that someone with a delete key simply does not like swim caps. It is certainly their prerogative to remove offensive material of this kind.

Whatever the reasons may be, it was done in an extraordinarily crass and impolite manner. I am reminded of the old Soviet Encyclopedia's revised editions. Do you also crop photographs, in order to remove persons or things you deem undesirable? I don't really care about the post, and am well used to deletions. I mention the incident because you asked for feedback: "How are we doing". See if you can infer my evaluation.
Your post can be found here: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/3225474-post13.html

If you look at your profile, you'll see this text:
Thanks Received: 5 times in 2 posts
This indicates that you've been thanked five times for 2 posts. These two posts can be found by clicking this link (Find all thanked posts by agilis) on your profile (located in the lower right corner).

The one thing I would like to see is more sub forums, that way its easier to track down a previous post. an example would be a subforum in the tanks forum for pony bottles and a subforum for other redundant systems like spare air.

another example would be a series of subforums in the bcd forum for say back plates/wings, integrated bcds, non-integrated bcds.

I know its impossible to move every thread but create these forums and slowly people will find the proper place to post and since few newbies use the search function it will be easier for them to find what they are looking for.

Just my $.02

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom