Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What’s the est battery life before the teric will need a replacement, and has SW said how much it cost to send it in to be replaced?

What’s the est battery life before the teric will need a replacement, and has SW said how much it cost to send it in to be replaced?

Shearwater estimates that the battery should work for about 5 years before needing replacement.

I’ve had my Teric for about 15 months now. Battery duration has been declining drastically for the past three months. While turned off, the battery charge used to decline by about 1% per day. Mine now decays about 10% per day while turned off. I dive very often so have not had a convenient window of opportunity during which I could ship it off for repair, but will do so as soon as I am able.

Until I get the Teric serviced, I simply charge it before each dive day. This is not terribly inconvenient unless I’m traveling to a location with limited access to electricity as is sometimes the case. Of greater concern is that while in dive mode the Teric seems to be draining the battery much faster now than it did just a few months ago, but I’ve not been keeping track of this until recently. On Friday I boarded a boat, removed my el-cheapo watch and put on my Teric in watch mode/Medium brightness. It ran as a watch for about 1 1/2 hours and then I made one 3 hour CCR dive with AI disabled. I turned the Teric off a short time after surfacing, and put it back on the charger when I got home and found that the battery level was down to nearly 50%.

I do not know what the charge is to replace the battery, nor can I recall seeing a price for this service listed by the company. I’ve only had to send one of my Shearwater computers in for servicing, (an older ISC branded Predator that is hard wired to a rebreather), and recall that Shearwater’s pricing was very reasonable and the service was exceptional in all regards.

Shearwater estimates that the battery should work for about 5 years before needing replacement.

I’ve had my Teric for about 15 months now. Battery duration has been declining drastically for the past three months. While turned off, the battery charge used to decline by about 1% per day. Mine now decays about 10% per day while turned off. I dive very often so have not had a convenient window of opportunity during which I could ship it off for repair, but will do so as soon as I am able.

Until I get the Teric serviced, I simply charge it before each dive day. This is not terribly inconvenient unless I’m traveling to a location with limited access to electricity as is sometimes the case. Of greater concern is that while in dive mode the Teric seems to be draining the battery much faster now than it did just a few months ago, but I’ve not been keeping track of this until recently. On Friday I boarded a boat, removed my el-cheapo watch and put on my Teric in watch mode/Medium brightness. It ran as a watch for about 1 1/2 hours and then I made one 3 hour CCR dive with AI disabled. I turned the Teric off a short time after surfacing, and put it back on the charger when I got home and found that the battery level was down to nearly 50%.

I do not know what the charge is to replace the battery, nor can I recall seeing a price for this service listed by the company. I’ve only had to send one of my Shearwater computers in for servicing, (an older ISC branded Predator that is hard wired to a rebreather), and recall that Shearwater’s pricing was very reasonable and the service was exceptional in all regards.

actually just came across the info in another thread. Someone said $100 cad so about $76 USD currently

beeps should be illegal on scuba.... I was diving with a high school last weekend and we had 30+ divers in the water. They all had audible alarms and no one could tell which one was going off so everyone started trying to chase their own computers and I thought I was going insane.... Haptics at least make you know it's your own computer...
Beeps are like farts… everyone hears them but nobody can tell who owns it…

The Teric has a freediving mode. No other Shearwater computer has it. Haptic and audible alarms are useful to freedivers.
Is the screen on the Perdix AI as bright as the Teric?

Back
Top Bottom