Teric Battery Drain - When OFF

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If the Teric still has the AI or compass chips while it is in sleep mode that is a HUGE error in their programming.

According to Dive-tronix the Teric's issues stem from a bad batch of batteries. They identified the battery issue, pulled the bad batteries out of the production queue, but some how they got back in the production queue. Resulting in the bad batteries ending up in computers as late as July 2020.

If the Teric still has the AI or compass chips while it is in sleep mode that is a HUGE error in their programming.

According to Dive-tronix the Teric's issues stem from a bad batch of batteries. They identified the battery issue, pulled the bad batteries out of the production queue, but some how they got back in the production queue. Resulting in the bad batteries ending up in computers as late as July 2020.
Yep, I believe the info that everything is on is not correct, once the pressure sensor signals pressure it activates but I’ll test it again.

can someone using the manual tell me how to achieve this constant compass reading
2A3933E1-7C22-487A-869A-C1048511D29F.jpeg

And yes I do need to pop off the glass screen protector.

Go to:
1. Settings>Dive>Home Screen
2. Select "3" values by pressing "FUNC" (top right button) and MENU to go to the next the value.
3. Press MENU (bottom left button) or down arrow to highlight the parameter you want to display in the Info Row (3rd level from the top). If you press the FUNC button 2 more times, it'll get you to highlight the Comp. value.
4. Press FUNC to pop up the parameter selection list, then select what you want to display there, by scrolling through the list with MENU button.
5. Once you have the COMPASS highlighted, then press FUNC button to accept it.

Go to:
1. Settings>Dive>Home Screen
2. Select "3" values by pressing "FUNC" (top right button) and MENU to go to the next the value.
3. Press MENU (bottom left button) or down arrow to highlight the parameter you want to display in the Info Row (3rd level from the top). If you press the FUNC button 2 more times, it'll get you to highlight the Comp. value.
4. Press FUNC to pop up the parameter selection list, then select what you want to display there, by scrolling through the list with MENU button.
5. Once you have the COMPASS highlighted, then press FUNC button to accept it.
From the manual?

I guess I don't understand what you really want. Do you want that COMP. to display other value?

I guess I don't understand what you really want. Do you want that COMP. to display other value?
I know how to do it, did you get that procedure from the manual?

I'm confused to what you really want. That's my understanding from reading the manual.

Compass value won't stay constant if you move the Teric round. It'll display the whatever direction you are at relative to the north.

I'm confused to what you really want. That's my understanding from reading the manual.

Compass value won't stay constant if you move the Teric round. It'll display the whatever direction you are at relative to the north.
My point is the manual doesn’t cover everything as it has not been updated since September 2018 but a few firmware updates have added features.

Also, for me I find the compass reading much more useful like I have it rather than the floating arrow, one of the updates added this feature but I don’t recall which one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom